<div align='center'>
Ospreys.png
Ulster.png

Ospreys v Ulster
Venue: Liberty Stadium
Date: Saturday, 27 September
Kick-off: 1730 Live: S4C/Setanta
</div>

Stephen Ferris is in line to make his Ulster comeback in Saturday's Magners League clash against the Ospreys.

Ferris has recovered from a back injury and is named in a 25-man squad which includes recalled trio Paul Marshall, Paul Steinmetz and Stuart Philpott.

Ospreys star Gavin Henson will make his eagerly awaited return from an ankle injury after being named on the bench.

Shane Williams may also return while Rhys Webb and Rhodri Wells will contest the scrum-half jersey.

This is because of the absence of Mike Phillips and Jamie Nutbrown.

Henson is back in full training following surgery in the summer on the injury he picked up last April.

Fellow Wales and Lions star Williams is in line to also return, having missed the loss in Leinster with a leg injury.

Ireland back row Ferris has been troubled with a back injury since the national side's summer tour.

Ferris is raring to go after missing Ulster's three opening Magners League defeats.

"I don't mind if I play 6 or 8. I am just looking forward to getting some game time and getting back on that pitch," said Ferris.

"We always seem to do alright against the Ospreys, and if we can cut out the errors from previous games and keep our set piece play tight, then I think we can get a result.

"It will be a tough task against the Ospreys, they are an impressive side, it is going to be strange playing against Tommy (Bowe) but the friendships will be left behind in the changing room."

Scrum-half Marshall replaces Cillian Willis in the squad.

But the Ospreys say they are considering dipping into the transfer market for a new number nine, if the player can be registered for the Heineken Cup.

Injuries to Kristian Phillips, Gareth Owen and Cai Griffiths will be monitored, Ben Lewis is out until November, but Richard Hibbard could play a part after featuring in Aberavon's loss at Llanelli last weekend.

Lee Byrne could be a doubt as he is suffering from a stomach upset.

The Ospreys - who have lost just once at the Liberty Stadium since last November - will be looking to bounce back from their first defeat of the season.

Ulster prop up the table, having lost their three opening games, and are on an unprecedented five-game losing streak in the Magners League.

Their last win in Wales was against the Dragons in September 2006, their only win at the Ospreys' home coming in May of that year.

"The Ospreys present a real physical challenge and have some superb individuals, it is a fantastic stadium to play in and a tough place to go," said Ulster assistant coach Steve Williams.

"As a player you have to be excited about facing against the Ospreys at the Liberty.

"All our players are looking forward to it, we know we have only been a dropped pass or missed kick away from being further up the table and we see the Ospreys game as our chance."

Ospreys (from): Lee Byrne, Tommy Bowe, Shane Williams, Nikki Walker, Andrew Bishop, Gavin Henson, James Hook, Daniel Biggar, Rhodri Wells, Rhys Webb, Duncan Jones, Paul James, Adam Jones, Huw Bennett, Richard Hibbard, Ian Gough, Andrew Lloyd, Alun-Wyn Jones, Ian Evans, Jonathan Thomas, Tom Smith, Ryan Jones, Marty Holah.

Ulster (from): Justin Fitzpatrick; Nigel Brady, Tom Court, Rory Best, Brendon Botha, Carlo Del Fava, Ed O'Donoghue, Ryan Caldwell, Matt McCullough, Kieron Dawson, Robbie Diack, Thomas Anderson, Stuart Philpott, Stephen Ferris, Niall O'Connor; Bryn Cunningham, Timoci Nagusa, Rob Dewey, Darren Cave, Andrew Trimble, Clinton Schifcofske, Isaac Boss, Paul Steinmetz, Paul Marshall, Ian Humphreys

Referee: Peter Allan (SRU)

BBC Sport

Terrible result. Irish Rugby's results in Wales this Weekend are nothing short of embarrassing. Hopefully tomorrows match will overshadow these awful results. Wat are the odds that Williams will go and Bradley won't? :angry:

bah go right ahead, I'll be the first to admit I got it wrong over Williams with Ulster, it is looking like a lost cause, my loyalty towards him though does stem from where he took Leinster to since he arrived to when he left, still might be too early to be delivering his eulogy just yet but it's certainly not looking like that as things stand.

I was actually wondering why Ulster were more competitive against Dragons than against Ospreys... :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Sep 28 2008, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was actually wondering why Ulster were more competitive against Dragons than against Ospreys... :D[/b]

didn't actually see it but by all accounts it's a game they could well have won, just like the Blues and the Scarlets at the start of the season, worrying trend to be developing this early in the season, not finishing off sides that are there for the taking.

I wouldn't have expected Ulster to win at the Ospreys but the manner of the defeat did take me by surprise.

Did the departure of Justin Harrison hurt them that badly or are there other factors like weak signings (Rob Dewey for example)?

I watched the match on S4C, and it just seemed that the Ospreys were just better at everything - Ulsters scrum was under pressure for pretty much the whole game (BJ Botha had a bad day at the office against Paul James), they're line out was a mess, and the likes of Byrne, Hook, Dan Biggar, Shane Williams and Bowe just cut their defense to pieces.

Bowe might just have completed the Ospreys puzzle in my view. A centre partership of him and Henson is a mouthwatering propesition, meaning no more Parker, yay.

The Ospreys are looking very good this season, don't think they got out of second gear last night, I just felt they could have scored double the points if things really did click, at least they appear more consistent than they have in the past.

Will this be the year the O's finally fullfil their potential?

The way that Biggar has been playing at the start of this season, how much promise he has already shown, his age (18) and how maturely he plays already makes me think he could have the Welsh 10 jersey sewn up for the next 10-12 years

Latest posts