• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys vs Worcester

R

RC

Ok, so this may be the last season that the EDF Cup will be around but the Welsh clubs are taking it seriously because there is a lucrative cash prize at the end of it all...and all 4 regions need the cash.

Ospreys have announced that Henson, Nikki Walker and Jamie Nutbrown are all available for selection and my thinking is that they will also start the game.
A much needed dose of class is required in the team and hopefully these players, refreshed after injury (and a banning) can help spark the game a little.
Worcester got a bonus point win in their last EDF clash over London Irish so there can't be any complacency (unlike against the Quins) this time.

Neither team have confirmed their starting 15 yet, but Ospreys have announced an initial 23 man squad from which they will select.

</span>
Ospreys:

Backs: Lee Byrne, Nikki Walker, Tommy Bowe, Shane Williams, Andrew Bishop, Gavin Henson, Ashley Beck, Dan Biggar, James Hook, Rhys Webb, Jamie Nutbrown.
Forwards:
Duncan Jones, Adam Jones, Andrew Millward, Richard Hibbard, Huw Bennett, Lyndon Bateman, Alun Wyn Jones, Ian Gough, Ryan Jones, Tom Smith, Filo Tiatia, Steve Tandy.

Worcester:

TBC.

Referee: David Rose

Regardless of who starts, if the Ospreys don't get a BP out of this then... Well, what? I say something along those lines everytime and they play terribly everytime. Get rid of that coach, you want to; in all honesty, you'd have been better with Lyn Jones...

As bad as our results and performances get this season, and I feel they will be on the whole rather bad, I console myself, safe in the knowledge that at least I'm not a Turk.

I maintain that the right thing was done in getting rid of Lyn Jones, he had to go for us to progress in Europe, but the wrong thing was done in appointing Holley as temporary head coach and be content with having hoare as director.
We need an actualy coach...that much is most definitley true!

Worcester to do lots of "rawr"'ing and growling and general angry stuff without actually getting anywhere.

Ospreys to win by 7.

A positive start from both teams, with adventurous play - looks like there should at least be a few tries hopefully considering ospreys haven't scored any in their last 2 games (i think.)
Already though, both teams are lacking a clinical finish to their game...and we're only 12 mins in!

"It's become a very scrappy piece of play at the moment."
"Yeah, awful is what i call it."

I bloody love Stuart Davies.
:lol:

Wait, wait, wait. Hang on a minute. What does "actualy coach" mean? Is it Welsh for "A good coach?"

Good try for Ospreys as Henson provides a nice dummy run and Byrne (the only player who's looked dangerous in attack) passed nicely to the inside to put Nikki Walker in for an easy try.

Os 11 - 3 Worcester

Try Ospreys!

Hook sets up Henson who runs a straight line and then steps Latham leaving him behind with "concrete shoes" as he strides over for a great try.

Half time:

O's 16 - 6 Worcester

Gareth Charles just won't stop verbally masturbating the bloody aussie.
I mean, the guy must be about 50 now, right?

Try Ospreys!

They sensibly go though the phases, recycling and supporting each other well and simply using their numbers as the ball goes through Hook's, Gav's and Byrne's hands before Shane has a nice run in for a good, well executed try.

O's 23 - 9 Worcester.

NB. How old is Jamie Nutbrown looking?!

Try Tuitoupou (sp?!?!!?). Very powerful run to the line. Game most definitely on!

Try Worcester.
Tuitupou runs a great angle off Matthew Jones' pass and only Nutbrown is there to try and stop him from crossing the line...obviously cannot do so.
Good try.

O's 23 - 19 Worcester.

It didn't look like Hook eased up on the sprint either.
That prop was just really f***ing quick, hunted him down and tackled him to touch!
Brilliant!
:lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 26 2008, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It didn't look like Hook eased up on the sprint either.
That prop was just really f***ing quick, hunted him down and tackled him to touch!
Brilliant!
:lol:[/b]
Yep, fair play to him. Moment of the weekend for me. :lol:

Latest posts