• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Over rated Players

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
lol agreed, Ali Williams is the mantis and not the pathetic, sissy like guy that Danny points him out to be haha
[/b]

Good to see all you Kiwi boys sticking together but you should take a more constructive view and look at the problem with NZ rugby and not be so defensive. Its not all about running around at 100 miles an hour with the ball never reaching touch. Like i have previously said Williams is a good 2nd row and a fine line out foward but dont kid yourselves that he is world class. The really top locks are a nightmare to play against, can you honestly say Williams is anything but an athletic lock who is out of his depth in physical aggression at the very highest level. [/b][/quote]

For a lock who is out of his depth at the highest level he does seem to dominate alot against those big, bad Northern Hemisphere teams. Go ask the Lions what they think of him - that's assuming you actually watched the Lions. And it's interesting that you consider a guy with the Stormers as his favourite club, with the English Flag and the nickname "Incredible Schalk" a Kiwi.

Like I said, you can keep your "old school" locks, but I think the All Blacks will do just fine with the "soft" lock who will steal your ball. Because nothing screams "soft" more than jumping up and stealing your line out, before dragging 4 fowards 10m over the try line... I mean, thre All Blacks would obviously be better with that big, tough Keith Robinson who could only manage 12 tests in 5 years before breaking down for the 17th time. But hey, keep making your wrong little generalisations to your blue in your chubby little face, it just makes you look like an even bigger moron.

Another thing - The All Blacks line out is supposedly a joke, but as soon as Ali Williams is fit they dominate... and If I didn't know better I would swear the Second Rowers main focus is still the line out. Take a constructive view of what's wrong with NZ Rugby? lolz - England is still in deeper **** then we are.
[/b][/quote]

Look Rippper this is not an assault on All Black rugby in general. I am a massive fan of the ABs and their history etc, but I simply dont rate Williams. You make out he is some sort of modern great and all that went before him were cheap shotting , slow thugs. Tell that to Martin Johnson,John Eales,Ian Jones,wade Dooley, Colin Meads,Mark Andrews,Wille John McBride and any other legendary lock and they will laugh in your face. Your insults dont phase me but your lack of understanding of foward play does.
By the way and without bringing Schalk in to this he displays a British flag not an English one. Big difference old pall but I didnt expect you to know that either. :wall:

I'm not making him out to be some modern great, i'm making him out to be a freakishly talented lock who can, when fit and healthy can single handily dominate a game and anyone who has watched him when he's not busy putting his jaw in the line of Chabals swinging forearm or getting red carded for stomping will atest to that.

And in the modern game, you need that sort of player. Like I said, watch the tape and you will see Ali Williams is not soft, far from it, due to his style of play he puts his body on the line more often than alot of locks out there. I'm personally just trying to figure out where you got this perception he's soft from, is it just because he play's more loose than most (which fits All Blacks better, and he was probably the only All Black who can hold his head high bar possibly McAlister after the World Cup). Even the Cantabs who spent 4 years trying to promote everyone but Ali (Ross Filipo was one preference the hicks from the south had bandied about) are now firing thier load over him.

End of the Day - Who would you prefer and why (no "He's Soft, worst player evar!!1) - Ali Williams or Chris Jack

Agree with Henson, Tuqiri, and DEFINITELY Chabal, there's just way too much hype about him all the time. Can't say the same about Habana though, I think he does a top job at what he's meant to do.

all that went before him were cheap shotting , slow thugs....

...Colin Meads[/b]

cough...

you know that meads spent some time on the wing. some slow lock...

imo, the more loosies in a pack the better. come lineouts, and mauls, ali plays alot like a number 8 with his busting runs. hes also quite quick for a lock. ali plays a very phsical, attacking style of rugby. defensively, he isnt a looise. but he still very much holds his own. and to think that because he is a attacking lock, rather than a defencive one would make him either/both underrated or less physical, is just silly.

and whats this bagging of chabal? i dont think he was ever claimed as a god, and didnt the story go he barely made it into the french team? hes only so popular because of his caveman cult status.

<div class='quotemain'> all that went before him were cheap shotting , slow thugs....

...Colin Meads[/b]

cough...

imo, the more loosies in a pack the better. come lineouts, and mauls, ali plays alot like a number 8 with his busting runs. hes also quite quick for a lock. ali plays a very phsical, attacking style of rugby. defensively, he isnt a looise. but he still very much holds his own. and to think that because he is a attacking lock, rather than a defencive one would make him either/both underrated or less physical, is just silly.

and whats this bagging of chabal? i dont think he was ever claimed as a god, and didnt the story go he barely made it into the french team? hes only so popular because of his caveman cult status.
[/b][/quote]

I think if you took some time and actually read what i said about Meads and the other legendary locks you would see that i was using them as an example of what a great 2nd row should be. Please pay attention. :wall:

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> all that went before him were cheap shotting , slow thugs....

...Colin Meads[/b]

cough...

[/b][/quote]

I think if you took some time and actually read what i said about Meads and the other legendary locks you would see that i was using them as an example of what a great 2nd row should be. Please pay attention. :wall:
[/b][/quote]

Danny............................................................. you're a plonker. Have a :masturbanana:

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

...Colin Meads[/b]

cough...

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Danny............................................................. you're a plonker. Have a :masturbanana:
[/b][/quote]
Its a very kind invitation but il pass this time.

For my mind Mcalister is the most overrated currently, thats not to say in a couple of years he could be brilliant

<div class='quotemain'>
For my mind Mcalister is the most overrated currently, thats not to say in a couple of years he could be brilliant
[/b]

have to agree on that.
[/b][/quote]

And I have to disagree on that, McAlister is brilliant and all the credit/praise he does get is warranted.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

have to agree on that. [/b][/quote]

I disagree

McAlister is not overrated he is without doubt one of the finest centres in world rugby and will be sorely missed by the ABs.

Right, I've had to clean up a whole load of shite from this thread. This is a general warning to everyone - keep it on topic and cut out the personal slanging matches, or I'll simply lock the thread and some people will find themselves missing from the forum for a few days.

Andy Farrell - as much as I love him as a player, he hasn't lived up to the hype

Dan Carter

Z - the man who burned Bryan Habana, only to then be torched by a flanker in his debut... Hes a hell of a runner, its a shame he cant tackle or pass....

Latest posts