• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Overall improvements

S

Saint N Sinner

I am still waiting for my copy, and acannot wait to play it. but im still wondering if wether or not, the improvements are really worth waiting months and months for.

what do you guys think?

I havent changed my mind about playing it, I am just concerned.

im serious that this is complety new game. it doesnt even resemble 2004 and infact if i dont know it was from EA i would have thought someone else made it. well worth the wait. a lot of fun to play. come on u wasps!!!!!!! buzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hate to say it but............

........EA should be congratulated for producing such a fine, good looking and PLAYABLE rugby game. Games are varied due to the way different teams traditional approach a game, and the AI has had some serious thought put into it.

......now if only they could fix those damn camera angles...............

It's a great game!!! i would die if i was in ur shoes.
<

I am dieing!!! I NEED THAT GAME!!!!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
im serious that this is complety new game. it doesnt even resemble 2004 and infact if i dont know it was from EA i would have thought someone else made it. well worth the wait. a lot of fun to play. come on u wasps!!!!!!! buzzzzzzzzzzzz[/b]

not a wasps fan by any chance hehe

Originally posted by NZL fan@Mar 18 2005, 06:15 AM

........EA should be congratulated for producing such a fine, good looking and PLAYABLE rugby game. Games are varied due to the way different teams traditional approach a game, and the AI has had some serious thought put into it.

Have to agree with you NZL...

- its is a fine good looking game
- its is playable (and quite alot too)
- the games do vary due to the approach of a team
- the AI is decent (on some occasions at least)

... a few changes here and there and the next version should be immense, tho I'm in no rush for it just yet... this game should keep me well and truly tied over until mid-2006, presuming this will become a yearly fanchise!

I actually bought MGS3 the same time as Rugby2005 and I've not even bothered to open as yet... so that is a big endorsment on my part !

i have been told MGS3 is not as good as the last, as its more stealth and not as much gun shootin action.

but i dont have a Ps2 so i dont care that much.

Originally posted by Ireland's Call@Mar 18 2005, 09:51 AM
Am I the only one who has been really dissapointed by this game?
yes you are. ireland are good on it me old chum!

... what has really disappointed you about it ?

and are there no apsects to it you like?

Originally posted by raziel_eire+Mar 18 2005, 08:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raziel_eire @ Mar 18 2005, 08:26 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Mar 18 2005, 06:15 AM

Have to agree with you NZL...

- its is a fine good looking game
- its is playable (and quite alot too)
- the games do vary due to the approach of a team
- the AI is decent (on some occasions at least)

... a few changes here and there and the next version should be immense, tho I'm in no rush for it just yet... this game should keep me well and truly tied over until mid-2006, presuming this will become a yearly fanchise!

I actually bought MGS3 the same time as Rugby2005 and I've not even bothered to open as yet... so that is a big endorsment on my part ! [/b]
yeah man i got GT4 a week b4 hand
since i got Rugby 2005 - GT4 hasnt left the case

I just cannot stop playing this rugby
it just keeps rising the bar, every match u play

i didnt get MGS3 simply coz i know i would never play it for months coz of Rugby and GT4

i dunno if i'll buy anymore games - until the next version of ruggers - i hope its an annual event!!!!

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Mar 18 2005, 09:53 AM
... what has really disappointed you about it ?

and are there no apsects to it you like?
Yeah there are lots of bits that I like but I suppose I had too high expectations of it.

It's not that there anything very badly wrong with it but it just doesn't feel like rugby,the same gaps are there every time,turnovers are conceded too frequently.

Maybe I haven't got used to the game.And I've heard people say it's a grower so I'll keep trying to like and enjoy it and see..

Have to say I'm with Ireland's call at the moment on this one, although I've only had one evenings play.

Camera angles are poor - side is too far out, classic2 gets very cramped and hard to identify the ball carrier. And when the players get covered in mud its virtually impossible to identify the teams!!

Players still don't use the full width of the pitch - turn the radar on and you'll see both teams only ever use half the pitch!

Kicking is bad - difficult to judge where you are aiming on side view - and when chasing a Garryowen its impossible to tell where it's going to land.

Maybe I'm being over critical because I was hoping for so much - and yes, it's way more playable than 2**4.

I haven't tried it on hard level yet though, maybe that will improve the player bunching issue - but I can't even win on Medium yet ... my own fault for trying to win the European Cup with Quins I suppose!!!

Latest posts