• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Owen surgery blow

Bit of a blow this.
not for the Ospreys!he's rubbish, he needs to make way for younger players to have their chance such as Ashley Beck and Hanno Dirksen

in fact I can see him shifted out to the Dragons at the end of this season

He will be needed for World Cup cover and did well for the Wales 7s at the end of the season, hence its a blow.

He will be needed for World Cup cover and did well for the Wales 7s at the end of the season, hence its a blow.

he will not be needed ... even for World Cup cover

Fussell will be there at full back, Ashley Beck should be inside centre, Biggar fly half, hopefully Dirksen should get a chance at wing and then probably Prydie/Phillips on the other wing

no need for him, even during RWC best he could hope for is bench

I think going to the Dragons would suit him anyway, he comes into the team every few months in the LV Cup or against Connacht and plays a different position each time

at the Dragons he could concentrate on full back where Martyn Thomas is quite injury prone and he could get much more regular game time

I fear that unfortunately if Tovey had started at the Ospreys he might well be in the same position as Owen is now:(

I agree he'd probably be warming the bench even during the RWC, but he's a decent fill-in player and as such it's somewhat of a blow, but not too big to handle. He was quite good for the 7s side as well, but I still don't think he's a vital cog in the Ospreys machine any more, where as he might have been this time last year.

Latest posts