• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

P.O.D!

P

punkbrain

Does anyone here listen to P.O.D.???

I listened to one of their songs on the radio and i thought they rocked!!!

Check out their songs Alive and Youth of the Nation. I'd say their best song is Alive.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/thva8OSCY0Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/thva8OSCY0Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<font size="4">Oh **** I almost forgot...Their song BOOM dominates!</font>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4EHFhc3BUms&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4EHFhc3BUms&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

They're probably the 2nd best Christian rock band out there behind Creed.

But still way down on the list of great bands.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 27 2008, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They're probably the 2nd best Christian rock band out there behind Creed.

But still way down on the list of great bands.[/b]

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there. Does Nickelback fall into this category?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Aug 27 2008, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Pretty much hit the nail on the head there. Does Nickelback fall into this category?[/b]

I know I pretty much stand alone with this, but I don't think Nickelback is all that sensational.

I remember P.O.D. they had one hit here years ago, never realised they were christian rock ( Is there something like Islamic Rock? Jewish Rock? Hindu beats?)

christian rock is that there christian and well they can rock about here religion:p

I did NOT get your post, until I realised 'there' was an error :p

Why do they need to put their religion in their song? I mean, sure, go ahead, but why?
If any other culture did it, it would be extremism :p

This thread is about 8 years to late lol. I haven't listened to P.O.D in a long time, but as far as a Christian Rock goes, they are up there with the best. Mite put it perfectly, second best after Creed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Aug 29 2008, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Aug 27 2008, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty much hit the nail on the head there. Does Nickelback fall into this category?[/b]

I know I pretty much stand alone with this, but I don't think Nickelback is all that sensational.

I remember P.O.D. they had one hit here years ago, never realised they were christian rock ( Is there something like Islamic Rock? Jewish Rock? Hindu beats?)
[/b][/quote]

Oh no no no, you most certainly do not stand alone. It's a well known fact that Nickelback is one of the cheesiest, over-hyped, one dimensional, talentless bands on the planet. Chad Kroeger has the most cliche lyrics out and he sounds like he has a cactus lodged up his backside. I don't want to offend anyone and I'm sorry if I do, but boy do they stink.

I can't stand christian rock I'm afraid, but if I had to choose, P.O.D would be the best even though Youth of the Nation is the only song of theirs I have heard.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Aug 29 2008, 05:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Aug 29 2008, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Aug 27 2008, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Oh no no no, you most certainly do not stand alone. It's a well known fact that Nickelback is one of the cheesiest, over-hyped, one dimensional, talentless bands on the planet. Chad Kroeger has the most cliche lyrics out and he sounds like he has a cactus lodged up his backside. I don't want to offend anyone and I'm sorry if I do, but boy do they stink.

I can't stand christian rock I'm afraid, but if I had to choose, P.O.D would be the best even though Youth of the Nation is the only song of theirs I have heard.
[/b][/quote]

Good to know I'm not the only one thinking that :) Every time Nickelback emerges in conversation (not that that happens often but still) everyone's amazingly lyrical about them, while all the while I'm thinking about how ridiculous the hairdo of the lead is.
Youth of the nation was that one hit P.O.D. had, so it's the only one I heard of them. I'm very sure that no one ever called them 'Christian rock' back in those days though, probably because we are ignorant here :p Or because religion isn't a merchandising tool here.

Steynboi, 'there' is an adverb, pronoun, noun, adjective or interjection, with several meanings, none of which fit in your sentence.

Woah woah woah. Who said Creed is better than P.O.D? Sorry, but Creed are just awful. P.O.D are pretty bad, but Creed just takes the cake.

If I ever find myself in a torture chamber again, I'd be begging they don't have a Creed album or any other recording of Scott Stapps voice for fear of the most excruciating and painful near-death (obviously sound alone isn't enough to kill you, you crazy? The stench of the bile coming out of his mouth would have to be present as well) experience imaginable.
In short, I'd rather be slid up and down on a bed of razor blades and salt than listen to 30 seconds of "Orms Waaiide Oorrpaan" or any other "song" sung by Scot "I speak like this because I'm deaf" Stapp.

f*** Creed.

Latest posts