• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pacific Nations Cup / Pacific Rugby Cup

F

Fa'atau82

I have been lucky (or unlucky) enough to see the Samoan Pacific Rugby Cup teams Upolu and Savai'i Samoa in action in the last 3 rounds of the Pacific Rugby Cup and have come to a conclusion of who i think should be picked from the PRG to play in the upcoming Pacific Nations Cup.

I think that Upolu Samoa deserve recognition for the past two seasons and here is who i'd pick from Savai'i and Upolu for the Manu Samoa squad based on form this season in 7's or PNG. Give me your thoughts on who you think should get a chance to represent Tonga, Samoa or Fiji.

Domestic players for Manu Samoa:

Givens:

Lolo Lui, Muliufi Salanoa, Roger Warren. Here's who i'd like to see.

Mikaele Pesamino, Winger, Upolu
A great 7's player and the name on everyone's lips in Samoa. Good pace and a knack for scoring tries although he has been looking for a place with Auckland Blues. I think it's time he got a chance at 15's for Manu Samoa.

Timoteo Iosua, Winger, Upolu
Has gained more experience lately and is also decent in the 7's and for Upolu as a winger. Scored 2 opportunist tries against one of the Fijian teams 3 weeks ago to save the game and is all round fairly impressive. I think i saw that last year he played for Sale in the Middlesex 7's and also went to French giants Toulouse?

Uale Mai, Scrum-Half, Upolu
A 7's legend and popular in Samoa. I think he deserves a chance at 15's for Manu Samoa.

Simaika Mikaele, Lock, Upolu
Has been in great form for the 7's and at lock for Upolu. One for the future.

Alepasa Cordtz, Flanker, Upolu
Decent flanker who attacks well. Had decent games when i saw him.

Alafoti Faosilva, Flanker, Savai'i
A star this season in the 7's although has been in a very inconsitent Savai'i team this season beating Upolu but losing to Tau'uta Reds.

Other players:

Ofisa Treviranus - Not sure if he's played much 15's apart from Connacht.

Reupena Lavasa, Tauvaga Fa'afou - Have heard good things about these guys.

Samoa has a strong team and I like them,I like all the pacific teams actually,they should gather up all the best players form the pacific and play as one,I think they would do good!

Samoa has a strong team and I like them,I like all the pacific teams actually,they should gather up all the best players form the pacific and play as one,I think they would do good!
[/b]

Well, you may be excited to know that they do in fact join together and play as one occasionally in the form of the Pacific Islands team. They are playing England in November, correct?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (USA_Rugby @ Jul 23 2008, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StickyfingahZ @ Jul 22 2008, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Samoa has a strong team and I like them,I like all the pacific teams actually,they should gather up all the best players form the pacific and play as one,I think they would do good![/b]

Well, you may be excited to know that they do in fact join together and play as one occasionally in the form of the Pacific Islands team. They are playing England in November, correct?
[/b][/quote]

Yup, I do enjoy watching them play. They're always up for a good match.
I'll watch all their matches if I can get a chance but I'm glad Ireland aren't playing them because it's hard not to come out of a match with a few injuries against the big Pacific Islands tacklers.

Yep also looking forward to that game, the way those player handle the ball and just^play with their opponents is beautifull to watch.
Their itimidating strength and powerplay.

Go PI ( = Pacific Islanders)

Shame i can't be there, i was looking forward to playing touch rugby in the street with my lavalava on. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Nov 3 2008, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yep also looking forward to that game, the way those player handle the ball and just^play with their opponents is beautifull to watch.
Their itimidating strength and powerplay.

Go PI ( = Pacific Islanders)[/b]

going to the game on saturday, looking forward to it though i'm obviously supporting england.

Latest posts