• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pacific Nations Cup

A

alexrugby

Hey everyone

Hope everybody enjoys really nice tournament Pacific Nations Cup which is held with initiative of IRB

Thanks to God these matches are broadcasted on EuroSport 2 and I can keep in touch with matches

Fiji vs Junior All Blacks match was very interesting and enjoyed plenty of tries scored

Overall ABs won 45-17

I like Hosea Gear and Tuitavake among Jr ABs very much

They were heart and soul of ABs offensive rushes

What about other matches results:

Samoa 16-17 Jr ABs

Tonga 22-36 Fiji

Japan 15-34 Samoa

Jr ABs 45-17 Fiji

Caught a bit of the Romania v France A game. Romania put up a good fight. Glad to see tournaments like this giving lower tier teams the opportunity to play more games and against higher class opposition

EDIT: Sorry just realised Im thinking of the Nations cup!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (best_fullback @ Jun 20 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Caught a bit of the Romania v France A game. Romania put up a good fight. Glad to see tournaments like this giving lower tier teams the opportunity to play more games and against higher class opposition

EDIT: Sorry just realised Im thinking of the Nations cup![/b]

Oh yes! You realised :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We also have the topic about the Nations Cup and you can post there, but anyway I agree you

For exmaple last year (now we were not on Nation's cup, instead team went on tour to Churchill cup) we played 11-3 against SA, won match 25-3 against Italy, we also won over Uruguay and finally occupied the 2nd place there

It's in a General Rugby compartment here on TRF
:fb: :fb: :fb: :fb: :fb:

Pacific Nations Cup 2010

no Junior AB's or Aus A this year and all the games will be held in Samoa apart from the Fiji v Japan game

Round 1:

Fiji 22 Japan 8
Samoa 24 Tonga 23

On paper Samoa have the most experienced team this year as well as being the hosts so they may well be the team to beat this year. However Fiji are starting to look good even though the current team are inexperienced.

Fiji got off to a slow start against Japan but they showed some improvement from their game against Aus last week. The new halfback Matawalu looks quite promising scored a great try and set up a good try for Nagusa. A shame he wasn't allowed into Australia last week. Japan did give Fiji some problems at the breakdown and it could have been a much closer match if Shaun Webbs goal kicking was better, though Fiji's Dakuvula missed a couple easy kicks too. Hopefully Nalaga and Naqelevuki will show up at the airport next week for the game against Samoa, they were supposed to be playing in this game.

still haven't seen all the of the Samoa v Tonga game yet, but samoa look a lot more organized than Fiji did against Japan esp with their kicking game.

oh wait Fiji are playing Tonga next week not Samoa,

btw should this be in the International Rugby section?

Fiji 41 Tonga 38

man what an awesome game, if you missed this you have to see it, Fiji were down 28 - 0 at one point, it was 31 - 10 at half time then they came back to win it. game of the week i think

Latest posts