• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pampas XV undefeated - Samoan violence (Pacific Cup)

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
Pampas XV undefeated

The Argentine team beat Samoa A, 38-24, in the match at the Royal Millitary College in Canberra, in his third appearance in the Pacific Rugby Cup 2014. This was the third consecutive win of the Argentine team in the competition:

14031204195399961.jpg

140312041954145980.jpg

140312041952117390.jpg

140312041950998329.jpg

But that was not all, once again, the Samoan violence was present. Since the event doesn't have much marketing, there are no photos of Samoan violence, but then I show them the messages Twitter account a prestigious Argentine journalist, specializing in rugby, which is following the competition:

14031204195033810.png

He wrote:

"Pampas XV won but during the game, Islanders hit dirty and unfair way the Argentines"

"So serious was the incident, that the Samoa's coach hit his own player as punishment for hitting his opponents so hard"

"To my knowledge, an Argentine player has the eye closed, by Samoans blows, and another Argentine player has 6 stitches"

"And they went out injured two Argentine players (Montoya and Iglesias) with strong shock in his eyes"

Game Overview:

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/videohub/video/clipDeportes?id=2040672&cc=7586

Samoans have always been violent, if there are fights, you will see a Samoan in it. Their violence is so famous, that even some have dubbed the dirty tackles under the name of: "Samoan Tackle". Its something that Samoa should improve, rugby itself is a violent sport with a lot of contact, but you can't abuse it. Its impossible to play our sport if you don't have self-control and respect for the opponent. If all rugby players we hit unchecked, our sport would seem a battle where all that matters is to hit your opponent.

Cheers

Hmmn ... any players shown Yellow or Red cards, or cited after the match?

Hmmn ... any players shown Yellow or Red cards, or cited after the match?

"A surprising yellow card to the team Captain Maselino Paulino on the 7th minute allowed Argentina to run in a try, the score was locked at 5 all. Samoa A led by 8-5 on the 20th minute from a penalty conversion by Faialaga Afamasaga."

"We had one yellow card to Captain Maselino Paulino and a red card to Tila Mealoi in the 75th minute of the game. We are awaiting a call for a hearing for Tila's red card."

"No major injury as of the time of report. Argentina has made 3 referrals for citing against our players. We will advise you of further details of these citings when we are notified."

From: http://www.talamua.com/samoa-loses-argentina-pampas-38-24/

"A surprising yellow card to the team Captain Maselino Paulino on the 7th minute allowed Argentina to run in a try, the score was locked at 5 all. Samoa A led by 8-5 on the 20th minute from a penalty conversion by Faialaga Afamasaga."

"We had one yellow card to Captain Maselino Paulino and a red card to Tila Mealoi in the 75th minute of the game. We are awaiting a call for a hearing for Tila's red card."

"No major injury as of the time of report. Argentina has made 3 referrals for citing against our players. We will advise you of further details of these citings when we are notified."

From: http://www.talamua.com/samoa-loses-argentina-pampas-38-24/

... Written by the Samoan team manager I see ... should be interesting to see the judicial findings, seems like the Samoan team were competitive for most of the match though

... Written by the Samoan team manager I see ... should be interesting to see the judicial findings, seems like the Samoan team were competitive for most of the match though

Sure, there is little information on this Cup. Like I said, don't have much marketing. But I already got the information from two different sources of information, an Argentine journalist and a member of the Samoan team itself, who acknowledged that his players received yellow and red cards and they could be cited. It isn't an invention of mine, the Samoan punches were real.

The match was long and hard, it was an: "Argentina A v Samoa A". Which is a merit for Argentina, since supposedly, according to the IRB ranking Samoa is above Argentina. (Samoa #8 & Argentina #9):

140312070527806454.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
Sure, there is little information on this Cup. Like I said, don't have much marketing. But I already got the information from two different sources of information, an Argentine journalist and a member of the Samoan team itself, who acknowledged that his players received yellow and red cards and they could be cited. It isn't an invention of mine, the Samoan punches were real.

The match was long and hard, it was an: "Argentina A v Samoa A". Which is a merit for Argentina, since supposedly, according to the IRB ranking Samoa is above Argentina. (Samoa #8 & Argentina #9):

140312070527806454.jpg

Cheers

No, I believe you with regard to the cards and the citings ... I just thought the article kind of played down the foul play, and then when I saw who wrote it, I understood why ... If Samoan players are heading to the Judiciary (which they are), the Samoan team management (or any team for that matter), are going to try to down play the issues until after the hearings.

Latest posts