petite

Bench Player
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
new pan american six nations announced
i suppose arg will be playing with a b team
it great news for uruguay, brazil, chile. canada usa and arg!

Even if it is a "B" team, they shouldn't call it that. If they want it to get crowds and TV popularity they all need to be full test matches.

great news, i hope the matches get shown over here in the UK

Hasn't it been announced for quite some time? Wonder how the Pumas will fit that in with the Super 18 and the Four Nations.

Great news.

Paraguay should be in instead of Brazil since they are higher on the ranking

Yeah but Brazil has the money and is a country with 200 million of population. So those are the reasons why Brazil was picked before than Paraguay

Brazil 16,000 + players, Paraguay 3,500 players +.

It's a matter of growth I guess although why not both I don't know.

Also the fact Brazil are hosting the olympics and therefore will have a rugby team in it will also help.

They are climbing in the rankings I believe.

I see this format is pretty much everywhere now.

Asia have it...and subsequent b, c, d, leagues etc. Likewise Africa, Europe (obviously) and now the Americas.

Great to see, but im sure this was announced quite some time ago.

This has been announced for some time. In all reality it will be Argentina B, Canada A and USA A sides though. None of our European based pros will be used for this tournament.

They won't be called A teams though for marketing purposes. It's a clever way for Argentina to get their fringe players gametime against some fairly high quality opposition which makes up for the fact they only have one Super Rugby side.

Here is a source for you:

http://www.americasrugbynews.com/2015/05/31/advances-planning-for-americas-six-nations-to-begin-in-2016/

Last edited:

Latest posts