• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paralympics

Yeah of course... I think its an amazing achievement for these people, they overcome such disabilities its truely amazing.... Looking forward to the Wheelchair Rugby (Murderball) Especially...

Also I will be following Barney Storey...

I will watch it, the opening ceremony was quite fast compared to the olympics one. Id like to see pretorius sprinter brake the records.

For me it should have been closer put with the main Olympics and should get the same hype as the main one does in my personal opinion!

Of course it should. But it won't, because it's in China, and they only plan for the main event. That was evident last night with the lacklustre Opening Ceremony.
Looking forward to the rowing with John McLean.

South Africa actually has a very strong paralympic team, Oscar Pretorius being the stand out. He should take all his events as he was only like 1 second short of qualifying for the main olympics. His qualifying efforts were making headlines here but he just couldn't close that 1 second.
Good luck to him and the rest of the team, hopefully they can bring back a ton of medals.

Oscar is just awesome.

We've already got 4 golds, weeee.

And none of them came from Oscar yet, I think we'll have a good Paralympics this year (I don't know how well we did last time though, I do know that Natalie won 5 golds in Athens apparently)

I'm pretty sure we came 5th or around there last time, and we're currently lying 5th again 3 days into the comp.

I watched one of New Zealands womens indoor bicycling or whatever it's called and she won a gold medal than knocked herself unconscious falling off the bike. It wasn't really that funny at the time but later on when she was alright I cracked up hardout.

I reckon they should show more coverage of the Paralympics because to be honest it's alot more interesting because of all the gadgets and stuff they have to use just to compete and there's so many different categories of disabilities. I watched the 100m heats last night and all the competitors had to have guides it was bloody amazing I think they were all blind it was called the T11 races or something like that.

I don't know how they manage it but I think the Paralympics should get the same if not more coverage than the Olympics.

Australia wheelchair rugby team beat New Zealand 39-38 yesterday, scoring the last point literally in the last second to clinch victory. It was quite a good match.

SA are 7th on the medals table currently. Our athletes have been doing great, awesome to see.

Yeah the wheel blacks lost by a single point for the second consecutive game! Gutted!

Been catching up with the highlights ay and what about Sophie Pascoe? the NZ swimmer! brilliant stuff man.

Pascoe? Can't say I remember the name. One person I've been watching in the pool is of course Natalie Du Toit. She won the 400m freestyle by 16 seconds. Amazing.

I've also seen some funny names in these games. There's this one American 200m sprinter with the name Jim Bob Dizzell. Sounds like some wannabe rapper lol. And this one Korean dude something on the lines of Ken Yu Suk (pronounced Ken You Suck). Classic haha!

is the wheel chair rugby team really called the wheel blacks?

if so, did they get beaten by the Wheelabies?

I must give praise to one of the gutsiest players I have ever seen in any sport.Ryley Batt one of Australias Wheelchair Rugby Players (murderball)...does this guy know how to slow down?...I never saw him out of the play for more than 2 seconds at any moment in all the games that I saw him play in....you certainly won my admiration for sheer determination,and it wasn't your fault Australia didn't win gold in that event...Good luck to you pal in all you do in your life ahead,looking forward to seeing you in the London Olympics.

Latest posts