• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Parents lose custody of Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii

T

Tato

A New Zealand judge has made nine-year-old Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii a ward of the court,
so she can have the legal power to change her name.

The young girl said she was so embarrassed of her name she would introduce herself as ‘K’- not even her
close friends knew her real name.

Her name was brought to attention when her parents launched a custody battle during their divorce
and the judge demanded her name was changed.

In a family court yesterday Judge Rob Murfitt said the name "makes a fool of the child and
sets her up with a social disability and handicap".

He expressed his concern that unusual names are becoming a trend in New Zealand,
saying he had heard of children named Violence, Number 16 Bus Shelter and a set of twins called Benson and Hedges.

“These parents have failed in exercising the first and important task of parenthood," Judge Murfitt said.

“Naming a child was not a time to be frivolous or to create a hurdle for their child's future life".

The Registrar General of Births, Deaths and Marriages said in a statement that it had rejected
names including Yeah Detroit, Stallion, Twisty Poi, Keenan Got Lucy, 4Real and Sex Fruit.

Given what they rejected how on earth did they accept Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii. I've always maintained that people mis-naming children is child abuse, some of these parents certainly need their heads examined.

Didn't stop her from asserting herself.

No harm, no foul. Although she'll probably end up as a jobbing actress.

Freeeeedom!

Yeah I heard this story it was on the news and some idiots called their twins Fish & Chips. There were heaps of stupid names like cionide (spelling?), wuntofreefor and a few other dumb names.

No harm, no foul. Although she'll probably end up as a jobbing actress[/b]

In a film she directs called Talula does the Hula in Hawaii'..

There is Charlie Oatway who shows this trend for retarded name choices goes back to 1973.

Ex-Pro footballer, 'Charlie' Oatway's full name is Anthony Philip David Terry Frank Donald Stanley Gerry Gordon Stephen James Oatway.

The reason behind this rather unusual name is the fact that both his parents were big Queens Park Rangers fans, and decided to give their son the names of QPR's entire 1973 first-team squad.

But also there are names that seem innocent but suffer from certain rules that must always be remembered when naming a child.

Like Angelina and Brad Pitt's child, Shiloh Pitt.

Swap the 'Sh' and the 'P' and you get the sound.. 'Pile o sh*t'

Like Angelina and Brad Pitt's child, Shiloh Pitt.

Swap the 'Sh' and the 'P' and you get the sound.. 'Pile o sh*t'
[/b]

:lol2tn: Brilliantly done lol :cheers: :bravo:

He expressed his concern that unusual names are becoming a trend in New Zealand,
saying he had heard of children named Violence, Number 16 Bus Shelter and a set of twins called Benson and Hedges.[/b]

My surname... :( If my name was Benson, i would have become the Joker from the Dark Knight...

if you gogole 'benson hedges' you'll find a link to LinkedIn, so there must be someone out there with exactly that name :s
I don't exactly see people using linkedin for cheap laughs.

I'll have to agree with An tarbh, how the hell did some of those names get through?

Well, I'd say 'ignorance' or 'alcohol'.
But those seem unlikely for someone in an official position (unles it's a real high official position)

Hello, My Name is Rev. Sex Fruit. Yes, I know it sounds odd, but I've chosen the life of the cloth, regardless of how hedonistic and stupid my parents were. Now, let's get down to this, who are we burrying today? Grandpa? Terrific.

Latest posts