Paris v Harlequins

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Paris.png
Harlequins.png

Paris v Harlequins
</div>

Both sides have made unbeaten starts to their campaign so a more than interesting prospect in store this Saturday as Paris entertain Quins at the Stade de France, in a game that should see a record crowd for a Heineken Cup pool game.

Quins will be looking to make amends for last season's heavy defeat at the Jean Bouin, it may be a different venue but the task doesn't look any easier as of all the French teams, Paris look to be the most comfortable under the ELVs.

Not a must win game for Quins in terms of qualifying but if they want a home draw it would go a long way to securing that.

This could be a real gem of a game as should the return next week.

Home win.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Dec 4 2008, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This could be a real gem of a game as should the return next week.

Home win.[/b]

It's not going to be that easy. None of the Stade Français FHs is fit and they have only one lock left. It should be quite balanced on paper.

Talk about moving Parisse into the second row, if either Taylor or Marchois are ruled out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 4 2008, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Talk about moving Parisse into the second row, if either Taylor or Marchois are ruled out.[/b]

Messina, usually centre, will play flanker!? Bousses should play FH unless Liebenberg is able to play today and is assigned the 10 jerzey. I wonder why Stade Francais are always suffering of so many injuries. This started with Galthie coaching and it follows with McKenzie. The stafff has changed but they follow with all these injuries.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Dec 4 2008, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 4 2008, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Talk about moving Parisse into the second row, if either Taylor or Marchois are ruled out.[/b]

Messina, usually centre, will play flanker!? Bousses should play FH unless Liebenberg is able to play today and is assigned the 10 jerzey. I wonder why Stade Francais are always suffering of so many injuries. This started with Galthie coaching and it follows with McKenzie. The stafff has changed but they follow with all these injuries.
[/b][/quote]

maybe it's some sort of karmic payback for the hideous jerseys.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 4 2008, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Dec 4 2008, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 4 2008, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

maybe it's some sort of karmic payback for the hideous jerseys.
[/b][/quote]

The jerzeys have been ideous for more than ten years now, it must be something else.

Stade Français must definitively be responsable for the french health care deficit. Guys like Beauxis, Papé, Messina, Jeanjean, Burban... are playing less than 10 game per season, and it's the case since 2 years ! Furthermore someone like David Skrela seems to be still cursed after his departure for Toulouse. Scary. Must be some magic voodoo here.

But I think they're trying to keep the mystery for Hernandez - he should play saturday. With the rainy weather, he must play. We need his famous up-and-under... I'm affraid that the biggest pool game of H-Cup history will result of boring game in such context. I hope I'm wrong as I will be on the stadium tomorrow.

My predict: Stade Français by +3

The injury crisis at Stade Francais is probably down the fact that if anyone drops the soap in the showers, they get bundled. But in a gay way. And any player leaving Stade Francais will automatically fall over in the shower.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Dec 5 2008, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The injury crisis at Stade Francais is probably down the fact that if anyone drops the soap in the showers, they get bundled. But in a gay way. And any player leaving Stade Francais will automatically fall over in the shower.[/b]

You look like being quite expert in these in the showers practices... Did it impact your Rugby career too?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Dec 5 2008, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Are there no young french FH's coming through at Stade?[/b]

even if there are academy players available you can only register 1 player for each round and you have to deregister another.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 5 2008, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Dec 5 2008, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are there no young french FH's coming through at Stade?[/b]

even if there are academy players available you can only register 1 player for each round and you have to deregister another.
[/b][/quote]

This is also a problem for them in the T14 as well though... I saw a game when they had Liebenberg at 10 due to injuries or unavailabilties and Stade looked clueless.
I wondered then whether a young lad would have been a better option?

Well it'll be interesting to see how fit he is but Hernandez has been picked to start tomorrow, so part of the crisis averted possibly.

As for the second row problems both Taylor and Marchois start leaving Parisse free to start in the back row.

Paris: Camara ; Arias, Bastareaud, Liebenberg, Saubade ; Hernandez, Oelschig ; Rabadan, Parisse, Leguizamon ; Taylor, Marchois ; Marconnet, Szarzewski, Roncero.

Replacements: Blin, Montanella, Vigouroux, Mauro Bergamasco, Albouy, Boussès, Gasnier.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 5 2008, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well it'll be interesting to see how fit he is but Hernandez has been picked to start tomorrow, so part of the crisis averted possibly.

As for the second row problems both Taylor and Marchois start leaving Parisse free to start in the back row.

Paris: Camara ; Arias, Bastareaud, Liebenberg, Saubade ; Hernandez, Oelschig ; Rabadan, Parisse, Leguizamon ; Taylor, Marchois ; Marconnet, Szarzewski, Roncero.

Replacements: Blin, Montanella, Vigouroux, Mauro Bergamasco, Albouy, Boussès, Gasnier.[/b]

Bastareaud is always one to watch. What a beast for one so young! :D

looks too much like a one trick pony at the moment but undoubted potential there, must be great for McEwan to be working with such a talent.

Bastareaud is even beginning to make some good pass now - he could definitively be a very interesting player if he keeps improving. And there is no young fly half at Paris since the departure of Paillaugue in ProD2 at Auch. Ignacio Mieres is supposed to be a very talented fly half/centre/fullback coming from the same argentinian club of Hernandez but he didn't show up untill then because of problem with his licence apparently. I think he's too green and not on the H-Cup list wathever.

Bousses (centre) played at fly half against Castres two weeks ago and he was Ok. Oelschig and Liebeneberg can play there too but all this seems a little bit weak for the European Level - I'm glad that Hernandez is finally fit, he was huge before the autumn internationals.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Dec 5 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bastareaud is even beginning to make some good pass now - he could definitively be a very interesting player if he keeps improving. And there is no young fly half at Paris since the departure of Paillaugue in ProD2 at Auch. Ignacio Mieres is supposed to be a very talented fly half/centre/fullback coming from the same argentinian club of Hernandez but he didn't show up untill then because of problem with his licence apparently. I think he's too green and not on the H-Cup list wathever.

Bousses (centre) played at fly half against Castres two weeks ago and he was Ok. Oelschig and Liebeneberg can play there too but all this seems a little bit weak for the European Level - I'm glad that Hernandez is finally fit, he was huge before the autumn internationals.[/b]

The young FH is Beauxis who is 23 only... but he is not fit and should come back next year only.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
You look like being quite expert in these in the showers practices... Did it impact your Rugby career too?[/b]

Yes, after being a youth player at Stade Francais at 16 i was playing for the team as a forward for one match. The referee kept giving penalties for hands in the ruck, but the hands was from my players who was groping me. :huh:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Dec 5 2008, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
You look like being quite expert in these in the showers practices... Did it impact your Rugby career too?[/b]

Yes, after being a youth player at Stade Francais at 16 i was playing for the team as a forward for one match. The referee kept giving penalties for hands in the ruck, but the hands was from my players who was groping me. :huh:
[/b][/quote]

Sorry what's "gropping"?

Latest posts