Parker Pen Challenge Cup Quarter Finals

Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
So what do we reckon then? La Rochelle lost out by 10 points to Clermont tonight at home, final score 13-23. Other games are:

Brive vs Munster
Stade vs Montpellier
Quins vs Wasps

I say Munster, Stade and Quins. Thoughts?

Parker Pen how old is that ha ha.
But hard not to back Stade as Montpellier didnt even register their good players.
Quins should have enough at home to see off Wasps.

And well Brive are a tough team at home so we can't be complacent.

Parker Pen how old is that ha ha.
But hard not to back Stade as Montpellier didnt even register their good players.
Quins should have enough at home to see off Wasps.

And well Brive are a tough team at home so we can't be complacent.

Silly me, Leinster have never been in it so it's often hard to keep up to date :p

I say Munster, Stade and Quins. Thoughts?

This,
Don't think Munster will walk it though, but they'll still win

Quins have beaten Wasps in their last encounters, so Wasps will be up for it, but will still lose (and they've just lost Waldouck for half a year, so they're missing their best o/c)

Are people really that anal they still have to call it the Parker Pen?

Yeah Bullit some of them are few years behind :D

And feic now that you said that Leinster will probably fall in to it in next season or 2 and jinx them :p

I'm going to Paris vs. Montpellier tonight. I expect Paris to run over their rivals as Montpellier feature their second team in the cup (and, as most of french "midtable" teams, depth is not their main characteristic). For Paris it is the only thing they have left to play for, so they're fielding their best team (a least 10 internationals in the starting XV).

The teams:

Stade Français: 15 Hugo Southwell, 14 Ollie Phillips, 13 Mathieu Bastareaud, 12 Guillaume Bousses, 11 Djibril Camara, 10 Lionel Beauxis, 9 Julien Dupuy, 8 Sergio Parisse, 7 Pierre Rabadan, 6 James Haskell, 5 Pascal Pape, 4 Tom Palmer, 3 Rabah Slimani, 2 Remi Bonfils, 1 Rodrigo Roncero.
Replacements: 16 Damien Weber, 17 Rayno Gerber, 18 Pedro Ledesma, 19 Alexandre Flanquart, 20 Antoine Burban, 21 Mauro Bergamasco, 22 Noel Oelschig, 23 Martin Rodriguez,

Montpellier: 15 Jean-Matthieu Alcalde, 14 Dimitri Pelo, 13 Florian Nicot, 12 Grant Rees, 11 Sébastien Kuzbik, 10 Raphael Lagarde, 9 Benoit Paillaugue, 8 Marc Giraud, 7 Giorgi Chkhaidze, 6 Johan Wasserman, 5 Lionel Dargier, 4 Goncalo Uva, 3 Kevin Kervarec, 2 Fabien Rofes, 1 Na'ama Leleimalefaga.
Replacements: 16 Joan Caudullo, 17 Sebastien Chobet, 18 Goderzi Shvelidze, 19 Dannie Thiart, 20 Adrien Tomas, 21 Sylvain Mirande, 22 Adrien Pratmarty, 23 Sakiusa Matadigo,

It's a shame the match will be played at Stade Charléty. If Paris go through, they will face Clermont in semifinals in Paris, so I hope they take that match to Stade de France.

As for the rest of the games, I think Quins will take it.

Brive Munster is going to be close. Are Munster fielding their best XV? (btw, quote Brive coach: "It won't be harder than Toulouse or Toulon. Otherwise, they'd be playing the Heineken Cup"). Anyway, Munster will probably win it. Field advantage seems not to count when ROFG is on the other side.

What a silly thing to say ..Muster have a habit of turning up and utterly destroying a team without even playing well ..They are the only team that I believe can beat any team on earth on their day

They are the only team that I believe can beat any team on earth on their day

I See your belief and raise you a Toulouse. They can (on their day) beat anyone.

They also have a remarkable ability to be beaten by anybody. Even Wasps.

Munster Brive will be close as no team in France lies down at home but stupid comment made about Heineken Cup like it offers motivation for us

Munster.
Du Preez
Varley
Buckley
Donnacha
Micko
Leamy
Wallace
Coughlan
Murray
O Gara
Earls
Mafi
Tuitupou
Howlett
Jones

Sherry
Horan
Hayes
Ryan
Ronan
Stringer
Warwick
Murphy

There's a contradiction in 2 posts.

#15 "Strong Team"

#16 "Buckley"

Feic you realized you rattled someone on the TRF's twitter account because you called it the Parker Pen and not Amlin :lol:

Ha Bullitt if we get same out of Buckley as last Saturday night I'll be delighted

Double jeopardy if he played well last week... 2 weeks in a row when he's never managed 2 weeks in a career so far?

Latest posts