• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Parker signs to stay at Ospreys

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
S

snoopy snoopy dog dog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
SONNY PARKER has signed a new three-year deal with the Ospreys after turning down purported overtures from leading clubs in England and France, writes ANDY HOWELL.[/b]
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/r...91466-22848370/

A 3 year deal for a 31 year old centre. Parker is a player I've always liked but I think the Ospreys may regret offering him such a long deal a couple of years down the line. He likely won't be getting any better from this point in his career on.

Aye, it would have been good to see what he could do in France, or even in England. I'm sure a whole host of English clubs would jump at the chance to have him in the squad.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Feb 4 2009, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm sure a whole host of English clubs would jump at the chance to have him in the squad.[/b]

Not really sure they would somehow. Except mabye Bristol. Even Newcastle have a better 13 than Parker in the shape of Jamie Noon.

I think the vast majority of Welsh supporters would wish Regan King had been Welsh qualified and Parker had possession of that solitary All Black cap...

Not sure, Parker was a decent player back in 03, was never going to set the world on fire though, and it's nice to finally have him out of the Welsh set-up. But Regan King has shown these past 2 seasons that he couldn't hack international rugby, his defense just isn't up to scratch!

I keep saying that about King. He looks awesome going forward, but if he actually is all that, why wasn't he good enough for NZ or even Stade Francais?!

He left Stade Francais because he hates big cities. He prefers villages containing half a billion people.

And his attacking play from centre is probably the best in Britain; it's not like his defence wouldn't have improved being coached under Gatland...

Latest posts