• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Parkinso back from japan

E

esoj

Matua Parkinso is back from japan and will play fo bay of plenty in the npc. Also Hayden Reid will play for bay of plenty in the npc.

from tvnz http://www.tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/601415
Matua Parkinson will make a return to NPC rugby this season after being named in the Bay of Plenty squad by coach Vern Cotter.

Parkinson has returned from a year playing rugby in Japan and the former North Harbour player will give the Steamers cover at openside flanker behind Nili Latu.

Another former NZ Sevens player is also back in Hayden Reid.

Bay of Plenty are in a preseason training camp in Whakatane this week as they prepare for their warm up match against Japan side, Toyota, in Mount Maunganui on Saturday.

Bay of Plenty start their NPC season with two away matches against Otago on August 14 and then a Ranfurly Shield challenge against the team that took it off them last year, Canterbury, on August 20.

i also heard the troy flavel will come back

dunno where that was, news on one i think

Yeah not looking bad for the Bay this year, we have some good players coming back to the union.

Will be looking for a top half of the table finish hopefully.

Originally posted by woosaah@Aug 2 2005, 03:32 PM
i also heard the troy flavel will come back

dunno where that was, news on one i think
Yeah, saw that to.

Henry was intrested in him in 2004 and for the Lions Series and his contract in Jap Land ends this year from memory - meaning he's still only 29.

Murdering the mini Japaense Fowards must get boring after awhile.

Originally posted by JJ-@Aug 2 2005, 03:58 PM
Hmm. Any way BOP could juggle it to have Parkinson and Latu starting?
You wouldn't think so with Ormond on the other side of the scrum - experienced man to come off the bench perhaps??

yeah parkinson would be dynamic of the bench I think. Lose nothing with him coming on at all. The bay are looking good for a finish in the top half of the comp

Originally posted by NZL fan+Aug 2 2005, 05:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Aug 2 2005, 05:18 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Aug 2 2005, 03:58 PM
Hmm. Any way BOP could juggle it to have Parkinson and Latu starting?
You wouldn't think so with Ormond on the other side of the scrum - experienced man to come off the bench perhaps?? [/b]
Has Ormond played 8 in the past though?

However it goes they'll still have a reasonable loose trio with Ormond, Latu, Bourke and Parkinson in some combination.

Latest posts