Passing help.

jmaher92

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Hi,

I'm taking back up rugby after a year out of the game. When i played previously i was a back row in an underage team. Now i am playing for a senior team and have been moved into the backs because of my size and speed. I'm happy about it, but my passing is not up to scratch, especially off my weak side. Does anyone have any tips or drills i could use to improve my passing?

Any tips would be much appreciated :)

You're in look their is a special feature in this months Rugby World about passing.

Out of curiosity what team will you be playing for might play you.

You're in look their is a special feature in this months Rugby World about passing.

Out of curiosity what team will you be playing for might play you.

Awesome, i'll be sure to pick it up. Thanks :) Playing for Tallaght RFC, not sure what team i'll be playing on level wise though.

Awesome, i'll be sure to pick it up. Thanks :) Playing for Tallaght RFC, not sure what team i'll be playing on level wise though.
Fond memories of playing the community school... the pitch was more akin to a battlefield than a haven for gentlemanly pursuits.

Fond memories of playing the community school... the pitch was more akin to a battlefield than a haven for gentlemanly pursuits.

Didn't go to the school as i don't actually live in Tallaght. The clubs training pitch is just a field up the mountains! But we are definitely progressing as a club.

Didn't go to the school as i don't actually live in Tallaght. The clubs training pitch is just a field up the mountains! But we are definitely progressing as a club.

Great stuff.. always good to hear of clubs developing.

a good practice I found is just passing into a wall. make a target on it (tape something up) and keep trying to hit it. do it from both sides and further away. do it from running as well.

practice makes perfect.

The idea on accurate passing is the same as golf in principle... always follow through with your arms ...where your arms are at the end of the movement is where the ball will go ..try exaggerate this movement for a while in practise and it will eventually become second nature to you..remember the ball will almost always go the way you direct it.

I also struggled with passing as i was a prop turned centre/winger ? dont know how but my rugby coac told me put the ball in two hands like your runnimg with it turn it 90 degrees then pass it dont know if ut will help

Latest posts