• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Patch requirements

adam31

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Although it would foolish to expect a patch anytime soon, (look how long it took for RLL3), I will start a list of things that need to be addressed in one should it be released:

1. Career progression of players
2. Fix muddy distorted sound
3. Allow fanhub to be access from unpaid XBOX/PS accounts
4. Make kicking more difficult (the meter speed does not change on higher levels), allow wind to play a factor. Add additional "golf meter" kick option...copy RLL3 if you have to.
5 Although this was listed as fixed on the Official Facebook page, CPU does not get called regularly for penalties, only high tackle. I've played almost 10 games and that is all.
6. Fix online synch jerky camera/stadium popin (may only be an issue on side view)
7. Add separate CPU/User sliders
8. Add custom competiton type of current Super Rugby Format (4 divisons, 18 teams) Hardcode format 4,4,5,5) if you have to. Allow us to name divisions.
9. Allow us to save more than 30 fanhub teams (on HDD, or USB drive if needed)

Everyone feel free to add to the list.

The career mode progression of players is the biggest thing for me, this game could be improved so much.

8. Add custom competiton type of current Super Rugby Format (4 divisons, 18 teams) Hardcode format 4,4,5,5) if you have to. Allow us to name divisions.

to pick up on this one, i was able to make a super rugby competition with 18 teams, however this doesnt change the standard format in career or be a pro. its a shame we cannot overide the default competitions, im assuming this is what you mean

Having correct rosters would be a nice feature!

to pick up on this one, i was able to make a super rugby competition with 18 teams, however this doesnt change the standard format in career or be a pro. its a shame we cannot overide the default competitions, im assuming this is what you mean

You brought up a good point, being able to bring custom competitions into career, I believe this is what has been wanted since RC2.

What I meant though is to put the teams into the Super Rugby format:

South Africa 1 - 4 teams
South Africa 2- 4 teams
Australian - 5 teams
New Zealand - 5 teams

I didn't think you could do that in this game.

You brought up a good point, being able to bring custom competitions into career, I believe this is what has been wanted since RC2.

What I meant though is to put the teams into the Super Rugby format:

South Africa 1 - 4 teams
South Africa 2- 4 teams
Australian - 5 teams
New Zealand - 5 teams

I didn't think you could do that in this game.

There should be a file that you can edit/replace to change the default comp i cannot say for certain yet as i am waiting for pc version

For me the most glaring issue is the fact that after 2 seasons in the NRC in be a pro (I've played over 60 games by now in all my BAP files) and I can honestly say I do not know 85% of the players in the wallabies, or the super rugby teams. The AI makes wholesale trades, so there was no point in me striving towards the reds, when I can go and play for the Bulls and not know anyone there either.

Agree with everything raised in here.
For me career mode would be awesome and last for years if the following were changed:
- Player/team progression
- Job offers/interest progression from different clubs/leagues
- Custom tournaments including option to add a midseason draft window (or a world league similar to the old Ea rugby format)
- Bonus cash etc for scoring lots of tries/away wins/winning comps/winning streaks

Those things would give it real depth and make playing the full 13 seasons worth it. As it is 2-3 seasons is about as long as interest lasts.

Be a pro could be improved by the following
- Quicker goal kicking progression
- Not totally changing team rosters as Woldog mentioned.
- maybe a training feature to build stats outside the game. ( not essential)

Edit: Additionally i would like to be able to change which buttons call for passes etc in be a pro. Getting sick of calling a pass only to have my player run and bind to a ruck because i jumped the gun.

The major thing for me when talking about the game in general would be to add a search function for player names and filters for player nationalities during squad selection.
Absolutely does my head in scrolling through ever player in the game 30 odd times to build a team. They have now added search features in the fan hub and player editor but squad selection is where it is needed.

More than 30 custom team slots are also needed if the fan hub and team creation are going to be properly used.

Last edited:
For me:

- Add more options for searching the fanhub - such as search by author. I've made players on the fanhub on my laptop but can't access them on PS4 unless they break into the 'most popular' list.
- Fix duplication of characters in rosters when uploading teams.
- More gameplay sliders. Ability to influence the rucking, offloading and passing in more detail would be good as even with tweaking they're still a bit off.

Fix Fanhub - remove limit on teams that can be downloaded (as locally edited teams also count towards this limit)

Make goal kicking more difficult - even just use the line out meter instead of the slow motion kick meter would make it slightly more tricky

Fix team progression in the 7s series - after the first event, it seems to be completely random which teams move into the cup or bowl of each tournament! (at least on PS4 it does)

Enable current Super Rugby tournament structure

Enable "be a pro" to start in any league

Put team names / commentary names / logo's in alphabetical order in the customse screen

Additional filters / sorting / shortcuts when searching for players (e.g. nationality, or even just quick button to jump through to next alphabetical letter)

fixes

kicking should be harder the wider & farther out you are.

Fix the advantage rule

create custom competition with super 18 format

sound is a bit tinny

That isn't be a pro then. That's be a random player put into any team. Every game with Be a Pro you start out low in the pecking order and move up to being a superstar. Take that away and it ruins the point of working for anything.

Fix Fanhub - remove limit on teams that can be downloaded (as locally edited teams also count towards this limit)

Make goal kicking more difficult - even just use the line out meter instead of the slow motion kick meter would make it slightly more tricky

Fix team progression in the 7s series - after the first event, it seems to be completely random which teams move into the cup or bowl of each tournament! (at least on PS4 it does)

Enable current Super Rugby tournament structure

Put team names / commentary names / logo's in alphabetical order in the customse screen

Additional filters / sorting / shortcuts when searching for players (e.g. nationality, or even just quick button to jump through to next alphabetical letter)
Agree with that 100% aswell as most other things mention

I think they should include a loan system in the game so you can start in any league for example if you start your career at the Highlanders you can get offers to play for a ITM Cup team for a season then you can get picked in the highlanders XV the season after.

Like i said in another post the goal kicking in be a pro should be like taking a free kick in fifa in your player career mode as the player with the better stats for kicking will automatically take kicks instead of having a progression bar which will take you about 3 NRC seasons to fill up (well it did for me and i was a fly half doing all the kicking objections in every match).

Has anyone actually been moved to a different position. Had two pros up to 97 rating, both were fullbacks never ever played at fullback always left wing?

Working on a number 8 now who is always as number 6. Had one flanker actually end up as openside which I wanted before but not on that player... Its so confusing.

is there a way to do this on consoles or only PC?

I think you would only be able to do this with a pc , if your coding skills are good enough you should be able to change things for the console on a pc BUT as I said coding skills will really be tested

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone actually been moved to a different position. Had two pros up to 97 rating, both were fullbacks never ever played at fullback always left wing?

Working on a number 8 now who is always as number 6. Had one flanker actually end up as openside which I wanted before but not on that player... Its so confusing.

I do not have the game yet as I am waiting for pc release but it seems as the game never use your primary position for your pro , I think in a patch they should also select players on their rating , so if everybody is better than you , you don't play , if you are a primary #13 but your rating is lower than another #13 he will start instead of you , if your secondary position is #12 and higher than another #12 in the team you play #12 I think this would be nice touch to the game

I think you would only be able to do this with a pc , if your coding skills are good enough you should be able to change things for the console on a pc BUT as I said coding skills will really be tested

- - - Updated - - -

I do not have the game yet as I am waiting for pc release but it seems as the game never use your primary position for your pro , I think in a patch they should also select players on their rating , so if everybody is better than you , you don't play , if you are a primary #13 but your rating is lower than another #13 he will start instead of you , if your secondary position is #12 and higher than another #12 in the team you play #12 I think this would be nice touch to the game

I'll send that idea to Tru Blu today.

a big one is that someone at wicked witch should read the lawbook and then go in and fix everything they got wrong

Latest posts