Patricio Albacete vs UAR & Agustin Pichot

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
Patricio Albacete: "I'd rather tell the truth even though they don't call me more for play in the Pumas"

140611053904937585.jpg

The second row of Toulouse and Pumas says that the Pumas coach (Daniel Hourcade) told to him wanted as Pumas captain and later lied to reporters; his differences with the leadership of the UAR and Agustin Pichot.

Once again, he shows his face. No hidden or speculate. He knows that his words may cause the final break with the Argentina Rugby Union (UAR), but he prefers not to put on the jersey of the Pumas to hide the truth. Be honest with the values ​​it preaches from walking along the selected, already 12 years ago, is by any negotiation. Never accept. So he was surprised when he read that the Pumas coach, Daniel Hourcade, denied what he had said at the start of the last European tour in November. "Hourcade lied," says Patricio Albacete.

"The first day we met in London [in November 2013], I think it was a Sunday, he called me, we met near the dining room into a sitting room and told me he was no fool, that I was a natural leader of the team and he would have wanted me to be the Pumas captain, but that the Board had rejected it, "recalls Patricio. "I don't understand why he refuses." The second row is a surprises among the players erased by Pumas head coach for the next Rugby Championship.

In an interview with 'La Nacion', he says, "to end the lies." For an hour talked about everything: the UAR, Agustin Pichot (former Council member), the captaincy and his future in the Pumas.
"Here Hourcade lied. Pichot also "continues Patricio. "In meetings we have had face to face lied and I can prove it. The leaders of UAR try to share that information so that it suits them and generate campaigns for them".

Journalist: Do you know that this interview could put an end to your career in the Pumas?

Albacete: I know that unfortunately may become by how it is handling the leadership. But I prefer to say the truth even though they don't pick me more. My only intention is that. You hear that ugly lies that people say and invent things that failed. I want to clarify everything.

J: Hourcade denied that he told you that the leaders of the UAR wouldn't let him pick you as Pumas captain. Why?

A: I don't know. I guess to protect yourself. I don't understand. Maybe to look after their own interests or by outside pressures.

J: After that talk, They would returned to talk about the captaincy?

A: After the match against England, we met with the players in the room because a friend of Julio Farias who live there would do tucumanas pies for all. The one that arrives first is José Santamarina and then the Daniel [Hourcade]. Both ask us to give you a hand Legui (Juan Manuel Leguizamón appointed captain), we help him with the issue of the captaincy because it was a difficult time and needed help so it doesn't overflow. Missing several key players, new players and there was a new process.

J: Do you think your exclusion could be motivated by the claims you made in 2012?

A: I play for the Pumas since 2002; Am I conflicted because I spoke once? I believe I don't exclude therefore, not based on the-field issues. It would be sad if you they not calling me because I don't support or shift leaders. It would be as close to the government (Argentina government). I now have to clear it out because they are already saying too much. I'm tired of having to justify myself, that I have interests (sarcastic), I'm lying, I'm conflicted ... I'm tired of reading other statements that are lies. Enough! I prefer to go out, mean everything. If then they don't want to pick me because I look bad, either. But remember how it all started: I was defending players who didn't have the same conditions that had players who living in Buenos Aires, especially kids from field. If that's wrong, I prefer not to play in the Pumas.

J: How did you find out you are not called to Training Camp to prepare for the next Rugby Championship?

A: By email, when they showed the squad team named

J: How did you feel?

A: Obviously it was a disappointment. Not that I feel out of the team. The head coach may choose anyone. I will not question that. I never questioned when I called, not what I do now. The only thing you can criticize are the forms. Not because he need to give me explanations, but by being able to organize my life regarding my club. I think it is up to the UAR warning and try to negotiate the possibility of being called later.

J: People talk about a confrontation between you and Agustin Pichot. How is your relationship with him?

A: I have a relationship like I have with any other leader of the UAR. We have had an affinity when he was the Pumas captain in 2006 and 2007. I got to know him more, I didn't share certain things, I was disappointed in some of his attitudes or acts. We aren't at odds, but we aren't friends. It took so much visibility to the UAR, any criticism to be made to the UAR, he felt like a bullet in his chest. In the statements I made in 2012, in no time I appointed him (He referred to the scam that suffered the UAR and training conditions of the players, among other things). I went to speak, but there were many who thought like me. The leadership tried to shift the focus. Instead of trying to have a dialogue with the players and help the team grow came out to say that I was a troubled guy who was alone, that I really wanted to be captain. I want to clarify that Corcho (Fernandez Lobbe) was always aware. First thing I did before going to confirm that the note was to speak with him.

J: After they said that you asked forgiveness

A: In August we met Ayerza, Agulla, Hernandez, Fernandez Lobbe and Leguizamón with Augustin Pichot. I took the opportunity to say a few things that were bothering me and I told him this, and he said he didn't know that a lawyer had handled the UAR. He lied in my face. I knew someone in the UAR showed me a string of emails Pichot started saying I was asking forgiveness.

J: Do you feel that there was a chase?

A: I don't know, but I never called me other journalistic media to see if what they said was true. And they came to light internal things the group. How did they know?

J: Why are you the only one saying these things?

A: It's very difficult to say that. I think there are conflicting interests. There are many players who are my friends. They have spoken with leaders and don't want to speak out. They are afraid to cut their heads. I really am surprised they have not called Marcos Ayerza. I feel like all my friends and close people they want to delete.

J: After your statements in 2012, Did it change the relationship between the players?

A: Maybe it got more difficult with some players because I think we different, but we speak things face to face. Then there were other managers problems that I will not say. When Tati [Phelan] goes out, for me the players have nothing to do. He decides to go on staff conflict. I took it that the wrong way, because we left without a coach two weeks before of the last November tour.

"I think that's crazy, the doubt about Fernandez Lobbe as Pumas captain"

J: After a restful holiday, Albacete returned yesterday to Buenos Aires for a few days with his family before returning to Toulouse.

A: "Hourcade said that Fernandez Lobbe will not be the Pumas captain, it seems crazy. The letter says not yet elected its captain. I sent a message to Corcho (Fernández Lobbe) and told him I had my resignation for him. It seems crazy that is in doubt today the Pumas captaincy of Fernandez Lobbe. I think he's a natural leader and a natural Pumas captain. Some speculated that I spoke publicly because they didn't give me the Pumas captaincy. I never was my objective be the Pumas captain".

J: Do you think you'll have another chance in the national team?

A: I would love to play the 2015 World Cup. Missing much, it would be a great opportunity not only for potential rivals, because we are Argentina and all the parties we are tough. Also for the opportunity to play another World Cup and all it represents.

J: Hourcade said that those who were called to Pensacola can be taken into account. Would you play the Rugby Championship?

A: 'It's very complicated. My priority is the Pumas, but not being picked commitment to the club. For this Rugby Championship I see very difficult because I have already contacted Guy Novès and William Servat [coaches of Toulouse] announcing that he wouldn't play in the Four Nations; would be disrespectful. Already gave my word for them (Toulouse coaches) and I will not change.

http://www.rugbychampagneweb.com/20...refiero-decir-la-verdad-aunque-convoquen-mas/

Last edited:
For my personal experience I had in rugby the suggestion is only one,never trust unions and who administrate them

he kind of looks like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

Especially one which is amateur like the UAR

I was working with some namibian national team players at a high level rugby project,we found very amateurial behaviours in the most important unions (RFU,WRU,IRFU,SARU)
They said a thing after some hours they changed idea and said the contrary, without to mention the political tricks

Latest posts