• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PC offline play?

Dropp

Academy Player
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Reds
Wondering if there is any way to edit the settings for pc so that it can be played without Internet.

I very rarely have a connection and the last games worked for me.

The game opens but comes up with a message saying it needs Internet to play it

Wondering if there is any way to edit the settings for pc so that it can be played without Internet.

I very rarely have a connection and the last games worked for me.

The game opens but comes up with a message saying it needs Internet to play it

You should be able to start steam in offline mode and play offline

Did try that and the game launched but it was in the game itself that it had that message

It was getting late and didn't look much further into it so I'll have another go this arvo.

Hopefully it is that easy

not working for me! i started in steam offline mode and before the "press start" comes up the game says that you must be online to play! only options is a) try again b) quit game

not working for me! i started in steam offline mode and before the "press start" comes up the game says that you must be online to play! only options is a) try again b) quit game

That is very strange indeed , RC3 is mostly build for offline play I think you should post your problem on steam , under the on RC3 discussion page maybe someone there can help

"Games has 'Always-On' DRM (copy protection)." is what it is. so we cannot even play it when steam/ other servers are down :(

Unfortunately the always online DRM was something that piracy forced on the ***le. RC1 and RC2 were heavily pirated and suffered tremendously in sales to the point that RC3 almost didn't happen. You're the rare case who gets affected by this decision but on the big scheme it was the right decision.

Isn't there a way how we can change it so that we can play it without internet??

only someone who hacks, but that could result in not being able to play online plus it is pirating!

only someone who hacks, but that could result in not being able to play online plus it is pirating!

I am not interesting in playing online... Just want to be able to play the game and enjoy the new features

Unfortunately the always online DRM was something that piracy forced on the ***le. RC1 and RC2 were heavily pirated and suffered tremendously in sales to the point that RC3 almost didn't happen. You're the rare case who gets affected by this decision but on the big scheme it was the right decision.

Disagree.

A hacked version will appear anyway (I'm told it already has), and the silly pricing strategy and DRM of the Steam version will mean that a lot of potential buyers will look to that illegal version instead.

Unfortunately, you won't eliminate piracy. But giving people good reasons to buy the official version (namely realistic pricing and genuine improvements to online play) without punishing them with limiting DRM are the best ways to combat it.

Last edited:

Latest posts