• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pelesasa to miss entire Super 14

F

Fushitsusha

Pelesasa to miss season

October 12, 2007 WESTERN Force centre Junior Pelesasa is expected to miss the 2008 Super 14 rugby season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

Pelesasa, 26, suffered the injury in the Australian Rugby Championship semi-finals, as his Perth Spirit team lost to Central Coast Rays in Gosford last weekend.

He had a scan this week, which confirmed the worst, and he will undergo knee reconstruction surgery later this month.

On holiday in Brisbane, Pelesasa said he was shattered when advised of the results of the scan.

"I wasn't in too much pain and was walking okay so I was hopeful that the damage was minor," he said.

"It's a big blow because I enjoyed this year's Super 14 and playing for Australia A and the Perth Spirit, and I was really looking forward to the 2008 season.

"Now I've just got to focus on getting the knee right again in time for next year's Australian Rugby Championship."

Hopefully this will leave a spot to trial Nick Cummins in the centres if Giteau is chosen to play fly half....he has potential...

Whatever happened to Lachlan Mackay?

He was one of the Force's biggest signings and he only ended up playing one Super 14 game?

He was one of the Force's biggest signings and he only ended up playing one Super 14 game?
[/b]
He is always injured and from what I've heard when he is fit he seems to be a bit of a wuss....he played a bit of ARC this year, nothing to write home about and I think he injured himself again...probably one of the Force's worst signings for what we have got out of him...

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
He is always injured and from what I've heard when he is fit he seems to be a bit of a wuss....he played a bit of ARC this year, nothing to write home about and I think he injured himself again...probably one of the Force's worst signings for what we have got out of him...
[/b][/quote]

The NSW media branded him their saviour and successor to Larkham back in 2005.

I never thought that much of him but he wasn't 'bad' by any means.

I would assume now that the Force could actually put Staniforth back at inside centre to pair up with Cross?

I would assume now that the Force could actually put Staniforth back at inside centre to pair up with Cross?
[/b]
That's if they don't play him on the wing, when it comes to selections the team John Mitchell chooses for the first round will likely be the one he will stick with even if form fluctuates during the season...eg. Drew Mitchell at fullback. (perhaps he writes a player must play in a particular position into a contract) All I can tell for sure is Henjak will be half back and Giteau won't :D

Drew Mitchell best position is wing and play Giteau at inside centre will give the team more creativity

Latest posts