Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Pepe makes final Portugal squad
Real Madrid defender Pepe has been named in Portugal's final 23-man squad for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
Brazilian-born Pepe, who cost Real Madrid £25m when he joined from Porto in 2007, has not played since December after he damaged knee ligaments.
But he passed a fitness test with the national team ahead of the squad announcement and is included.
Deportivo La Coruna defender Ze Castro was the player to be cut by coach Carlos Queiroz.
Queiroz included two goalkeepers with little international experience, Porto's Beto and Iraklis' Daniel Fernandes, keeping Benfica's Quim and Chelsea's Hilario out.

There are four players in the squad from the Premier League, with Chelsea's Paulo Ferreira, Ricardo Carvalho and Deco joined by Manchester United's Nani.
Portugal, who beat Cameroon 3-1 in a friendly on Tuesday, open their Group G campaign against Ivory Coast on 15 June before matches against North Korea and Brazil.

Portugal's 23-man squad for the World Cup finals: Goalkeepers: Eduardo (Braga), Daniel Fernandes (Iraklis), Beto (Porto).
Defenders: Miguel (Valencia), Paulo Ferreira (Chelsea), Ricardo Carvalho (Chelsea), Bruno Alves (Porto), Rolando (Porto), Ricardo Costa (Lille), Duda (Malaga), Fabio Coentrao (Benfica).
Midfielders: Pedro Mendes (Sporting), Pepe (Real Madrid), Tiago (Atletico Madrid), Deco (Chelsea), Raul Meireles (Porto), Miguel Veloso (Sporting).
Forwards: Simao Sabrosa (Atletico Madrid), Danny (Zenit St Petersburg), Liedson (Sporting), Hugo Almeida (Werder Bremen), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Nani (Manchester United).

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8676171.stm

Whoa! Blast from the Past! Where have you been all this time Laetca?

I do wish people would stop calling me old.
Heya Charles, glad to see someone missed me :p Been busy with school, redecorating (turns out it doesn't take height to put in a new ceiling. And that I'm really good at insulating stuff with fibreglass, who knew?) and more. Ironically, I'm in the middle of my exams so not the best time to become active once more :p
I also painted the garden shed, it is now officially the coolest garden shed in existence XD

I'm guessing you're a fan of France's team?

I do wish people would stop calling me old.
Heya Charles, glad to see someone missed me :p Been busy with school, redecorating (turns out it doesn't take height to put in a new ceiling. And that I'm really good at insulating stuff with fibreglass, who knew?) and more. Ironically, I'm in the middle of my exams so not the best time to become active once more :p
I also painted the garden shed, it is now officially the coolest garden shed in existence XD

I'm guessing you're a fan of France's team?

Well congrats for the garden shed and everything...

As for soccer, tbh I don't really give a s***. I'm into rugby and consequently not into football. Football being the main sport in France, Rugby followers have developped this us/them mentality a bit, which coupled with the geography divide (southern France: rugby/ all the rest: football) makes for a lot of rugby people not being interested in football.

Plus, the team is crap. We lost to China FFS! That being said, I'll probably watch from the quarters on if the teams involved interest me...

Do you like Finland?

Marseille is most definitly in the South, Lyon isn't.

Rugby is big mainly in the Southwest.

Colours of my old school uniform, you're the second person to ask about Finland.

One out of two isn't all that bad XD

Latest posts