• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Percy Montgomery is finished

A

aligmacd123

The most capped Springbok of all time, Percy Montgomery, has hung up his boots. He retired from international rugby after the Tri-Nations but now he is officially retired from professional rugby. The 102 capped fullback is taking over as kicking coach for the South African National team.
<a href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12334_5334183,00.html" target="_blank">Sky Sports Report
</a>

Percy :mellow:

To be fair the time was probably right, he has barely played this season and im sure he's well off after his spell with Perpignan. Such a classic player, from the brilliant to being ridiculously bad. He was always good to watch though and a brilliant goal kicker. I'll miss you Percy :huh:

He also had a fantastic hairstyle. One of the main reasons South Africa won the World Cup in 2007.

great player, especially as a goalkicker. Goog luck to him in the future.
Still can't believe he once played for the Newport-Gwent Dragons.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ May 18 2009, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ridiculous isn't it? One of my favourite players.[/b]

Really? I lost alot of respect for him in his last few months with the Newport-Gwent Dragons. He basically stopped trying and was a waste of space, not atall professional imo. He's been a great player, was integral to the Springboks success in 2007 with an all round superb world cup. As Increadible Schalk said, the perfect time for him to retire after cashing in with Perpignan.

Latest posts