Perpignan v Dragons - Pool 1

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Perpignan.png
Perpignan v Dragons
Dragons.png
</div>

Having been in the Challenge Cup last season the Dragons face a daunting opening fixture away in Perpignan.

Christophe Manas' ankle injury picked up last weekend will see him out of action until the end of the month while Cedric Rosalen is expected to come through training to start on Friday evening.

Teams should be announced tomorrow afternoon.

Just added to the topic description that the game is also available on Sky Sports 2 via Red Button.
This game is on the same time as Ulster v Gloucester, that's why its available via Red button.

I can't watch it via the red button! :%#%#: stupid virgin media! :rahh:

One of the advantages of having Sky I suppose, we can't get the interactive with NTL either.

Decent start though from the Dragons taking a 5-3 lead but Perpignan seem to be in control now having eeked out an 11 point margin at the break.

Ah, f***!

Dragons could have really done with an away win.
Never mind boys, next time.

Surprising win for Perpignan considering their form in the Top 14 early into the season. Perhaps this is the sign of their early turn around.

Not really. Dragons are a very limited squad at the moment with a very limited budget. Players left the club last season and they've only got a couple of international players in the team (which for a welsh team, lacking depth in talent is a HUGE thing).

Well to be fair, they got a losing bonus point in what should arguably be their hardest pool game. Dragons for the pool? Still possible :)

Surprising win for Perpignan considering their form in the Top 14 early into the season. Perhaps this is the sign of their early turn around.
[/b]

There's also the fact that this was their first home game of the season, I know Albi and Montpellier aren't exactly the strongest sides in France but most teams are capable of turning over sides on their own patch. So it's not that surprising they won imo.

Latest posts