• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Perpignan v Munster

A

An Tarbh

Perpignan still have a chance of getting through to the quarter finals but they have to get a bonus point and deny Munster one in the process to stand a realistic chance of getting through, although I'd still struggle to see them getting the win at Northampton in January.

Given that bp wins away to Treviso are no longer a given Munster could well be in serious trouble if they come away with nothing today. The Ospreys and Leinster/London Irish seem set for the runner up spots so if Munster only pick up 2 wins and Saints can get 5 points in their remaining 2 games then it'll come down to the head to head, how crucial might that bp at Franklin's Gardens prove?

As for today given Perpignan's home record it's hard to see past anything other than a home win.

Treviso will still have a say in this group. After scalping USAP and nearly doing the same to Saints, especially considering Munsters current appauling form, they could well cause an all-time upset in Jan. In other words, if Munster don't get anything today, they'll be as close to breaking point in terms of qualification as they've ever been.

USAP don't travek well but still nearly got a result last week. They'll get this win, with put a lot of points over Treviso at home but will fall apart at Franklins Gardens.

Saints may well struggle at Thommund park (thanks mostly to the fact they can only play for 40 minutes a week) but should get a 4-point win over USAP at home.

This is by far and away the best group of the lot. 3 teams very evenly matched and any of Saints, Munster and USAP could nick it.

Awesome stuff.

Nah the group with Clermont, Ospreys and Leicester is at least as good if not better.

Ospreys could easily do a job. We've seen close games, try fests and the group is just as open as this one is.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 20 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Treviso will still have a say in this group. After scalping USAP and nearly doing the same to Saints, especially considering Munsters current appauling form, they could well cause an all-time upset in Jan. In other words, if Munster don't get anything today, they'll be as close to breaking point in terms of qualification as they've ever been.

USAP don't travek well but still nearly got a result last week. They'll get this win, with put a lot of points over Treviso at home but will fall apart at Franklins Gardens.

Saints may well struggle at Thommund park (thanks mostly to the fact they can only play for 40 minutes a week) but should get a 4-point win over USAP at home.

This is by far and away the best group of the lot. 3 teams very evenly matched and any of Saints, Munster and USAP could nick it.

Awesome stuff.[/b]

Yeah, thank god for being first seeds or else we might have got an easy group.

Had a feeling when I saw this group that it might be the year we didn't qualify, but thank God for Treviso beating USAP.

Perpiginan I think are as good as out but they'll win today and there'll win. But as long as Munster get a bonus point this week or next week and Northampton win next week then it'll be a show down for a quarter final place in Thomand Park which I would have happily taken at the start of the pool.

But on the off chance that Perpiginan pull one in Franklin Gardens then Bonus point calculations are gonna be flying out of everywhere. This is one tight muvver'fubber of a group.

The Clermont/Sprays/Leicester one is good too. But they should all be on 16 going into the last weekend with Clermont playing Viadana so there'll be a matchoff between Leicester and Ospreys for the runners up space which will more than likely be a qualifiers one.

I love the Heineken Cup.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Dec 20 2009, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ospreys could easily do a job. We've seen close games, try fests and the group is just as open as this one is.[/b]

They have 2 places between 3 teams, we have one going between the 3...

And all of our 3 teams are champions of something (4 if you inlclude Treviso)....compared to their 1.

Edit: Dear God, we really will argue over ANYTHING here. My National team is better than yours, My club is better than yours, my player of the year nominee is better than yours, my competition is better than yours, my hemisphere is better than yours....add to the list, My Heineken Cup group is better than yours.

O'Gara looks quicker than i've ever seen him run before. Munster should play in these kits all the time, looks much better than their baby-gro red one

Go USAP!

Well Perpignan are in the bed, but Munster entering by the side of the bed without problems

Perpignan are gonna loose. Even if they manage to come back the ref will whistle out of the game.

We 're too nice/stupid. French clubs should not play in this comp for 2 or 3 years as it is quite obvious that it's not fair game anyway.

Bullsh**.
Perpignan are just being outplayed by Munster. It's not some massive conspiracy to not let French clubs win.

Every time a decision goes against a French team all we hear is it's a huge conspiracy. Grow the hell up.

Curse you ref!!!!

P.S. Paul Warwick showing he is better than ROG at kicking too in the last few minutes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Dec 20 2009, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bullsh**.
Perpignan are just being outplayed by Munster. It's not some massive conspiracy to not let French clubs win.[/b]

I'm not talking about this game in particular, although the way Munster are allowed to do pretty much everything in the rucks is quite peculiar. It's more a general feeling of never having the rub of the green, never having the dubious call in our favour.

Oh and btw I don't think I'm the most bigoted French poster on this site so f***k off.

Latest posts