Perpignan v Ospreys

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Perpignan.png
Ospreys.png

Perpignan v Ospreys
</div>

Well the child has been born so it'll be interesting to see what excuses the orange one will start to use in the coming months.

The Ospreys' task should be made slightly easier, if it's ever easy to go and get a win at Perpignan, by the absence of Dan Carter. They'll need to get at least a bonus point though as a 5 point haul is pretty much a given for the Tigers at home to Treviso.

You'd think though that they'd have to get the win to have a realistic chance of qualifying as a bonus point win at home against Leicester would be a big ask even of this stunning Ospreys outfit.

Meh, I'm not confident the Ospreys are good enough to win out in France, so I'll give this one a miss and watch Cardiff trample over Gloucester instead.

I think Wasps are the only side to have gone there and got the win and that was at their pomp so huge ask of the Ospreys today

Balls, just realised Cardiff are on tomorrow. :mellow:
Ah well, C'MON YOU OSPREYS!
Wait, what the fek am I saying? ALLEZ LES ROSES!

Im hopeful that Ospreys can win both their remaining Heineken cup games, but unfortunately Im stuck with having to listen to them on BBC Radio Wales

Sounds like a good start to the O's, don't think this is on any channel in the Uk. Don't think Sky is showing it. I think S4c etc. should be allowed to show it if Sky doesn't want to!

close call for Perpignan there but looked like at least 2 forward passes were missed in the buildup

It's on Sky Sports you numpty...
Bowe almost got a try then. Though I think the ref missed a glaring knock on by him prior to his chase.
Still 0 - 0.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Jan 17 2009, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sounds like a good start to the O's, don't think this is on any channel in the Uk. Don't think Sky is showing it. I think S4c etc. should be allowed to show it if Sky doesn't want to![/b]

it's on sky sports 2

You could almost hear the English population pur in delight as Henson was set on his arse in that tackle. He was given a bit of a hospital pass though...

Ah scheiss, Byrne off with a broken toe.
Hope he's not out for long!
And UH OH! - Vaughton's on. Game over then.
And Phillips is carded... No surprises there.

Hope to god Byrne is back for the 6N match against Ireland. Byrne vs Kearney was gonna be epic.

Try PERPIGNAN!
It was always going to come. The pressure was relentless. 17 - 0 and the situation is looking bleak for the <strike>Heineken-Champions-elect</strike> Hairsprays.

So the 'Sprays get on the board with a try from Ickle. Problem is, a losing bp probably won't be enough for them to qualify, as they'll need five points against Leicester next week, and I just don't see that happening - 'specially since they need to deny Leicester the bp in the process.
Nothing but a win will do today, and they have 20 minutes to score 13 points - or 12 for a draw.
17 - 5.

as it stands they need a 5-0 haul next week. The bonus point is crucial this week cause next week it would allow the Ospreys to give Leicester a losing bp or a try bp.

VAUGHTON TRY!
C'MON YOU OSPREYS (WTF?! CYRIL, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!)
Excellent kick from Hook aswell. No choking now! C'mon!

Hook with nerves of steel to slot that penalty aswell. 17 - 15 to Perpignan.

good chance to set up the win now. Hook should have put more distance on that kick though

So then, if the result reads 4 - 0 for the Ospreys next week, they'll qualify as winners of the pool, but no doubt they'll be away from home in the KO stages. I thought at the end there a Perpignan player fell on top of the ball at the breakdown to turn it over.
Still, the Ospreys should be grateful to take anything from this game.

And well picked up by Fitzpatrick, Henson was very quiet today. If Leicester can contain him next week, then they'll be winners I feel... Though you could spin that in the Ospreys favour.

Latest posts