• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PES 2009

S

St Helens RLFC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djykIppWJjY

Well, it looks great I must say, and Leo Messi is a big coup to be the face of the game, but PES has got a lot to do this year if you ask me. I thought last year was very lacklustre and the online play was utter rubbish, totally and utterly unacceptable. FIFA really caught up last year and 09 looks great too.

I am sure Konami will get their finger out and get it right this time, but if they don't then people like me, who have played the series since the very first game back in 1996, will begin to have had just about enough of idleness. I expect this to be the first genuine next gen version, because 08 certainly was not.

Really looking forward to it though.

hmm its good to see konami keeping up their tradition of grade A tunes anyway<_<

They'll soon have enough tunes like that to bring out a PES dance machine!

Yeah I think 08 for both Fifa and PES was simply an attempt to get some footing into the next gen machines. 09 for both franchises will pretty much sort out who is the real deal.
I also think the winner will be the one who wins online.

According to Zonerunner, who I have no reason to disbelieve:

- Liverpool and Man Utd are the two licensed teams.
- Champions League is also licensed.

Is. Right.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 11 2008, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
According to Zonerunner, who I have no reason to disbelieve:

- Liverpool and Man Utd are the two licensed teams.
- Champions League is also licensed.

Is. Right.[/b]

100% true

I'm probably just being lazy (and apologies for that), but does anybody have any clarification on what the 'licensed' champions' league actually entails?

Presumably it's just the competition itself (presentation, stadium hoardings etc), and not the individual teams within it?

I would suggest that if they have A Champions League license, it will include everything tbh including teams. Maybe bazdev knows more about that?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Sep 12 2008, 04:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm probably just being lazy (and apologies for that), but does anybody have any clarification on what the 'licensed' champions' league actually entails?

Presumably it's just the competition itself (presentation, stadium hoardings etc), and not the individual teams within it?[/b]

Quite correct too. Not all teams are licensed but it is an authentic champion league. See below

http://demos.pesfan.com/PES2009_CL_Europe.wmv

Cheers for that bazdev, that file is a monster but it'll be well worth the while.

<div align='left'>"Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced the availability of a playable demo of its forthcoming PES 2009 ***le for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360 and PC on 2nd October.

Players will be able to select fully licensed Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, and Barcelona club teams, or the licensed Italian or French national sides. The demo will allow users an early taste of the all-new elements set to further bolster PES 2009’s reputation as the definitive football game. All new visuals with completely remodeled players and animations, and new physics routines to ensure the ball behaves more realistically have been included, while the AI of the CPU sides has been enhanced to provide an ever evolving challenge."
</div>

Well looking at gameplay vids on this game it plays like a piece of rubbish. I know the two people playing it are useless but you can still see the obvious....this game is rubbish and is the worst football game of 8 directions I have seen in a while.

True....though I am into the visual aspect of a game....it has to look good at least. PES09 seems to look very arcadey on its gameplay.

I want it to play real, and until last year, nobody does it better than PES. The video I've seen looked pretty good by the way. We'll see come Thursday anyway, although a demo occasionally doesn't do justice.

Been having a natter with one of my many gaming sources - he reckons PES 2009 is a top class game.

Hey GG if some looked at JLR with an untrained eye they would give it a big thumbs down. It is how it feels when you play and trust me if you like football games there is no other in terms of game play.

Fifa has no feel at all when playing it is like eating a big air biscuit pretty much like most EA games.

Fair point....I will give it a go and hire it from the local video store...perhaps after 8 years I will finally return to back to PES stable lol!