• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Peter de Villiers just doesn't learn!!!!!!!!!!!

rugbywriter

Academy Player
Look, I'm all for getting the season off to a good start, but PDV is making the exact same mistake he made last year.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Matfield-to-replace-Bekker-20100602

Johannesburg - Springbok kingpin Victor Matfield could be heading for Cardiff today to cover for the injury to lock Andries Bekker ahead of Saturday’s one-off Test against Wales.

Gallery: Boks train in Cardiff

A decision will only be taken this morning, but Matfield has been informed to be on standby as Bekker struggles to shake off an injury he sustained in the Vodacom Super 14 final last weekend.

While he was given the all-clear on Sunday, he has not trained in the two sessions the Boks have had in Cardiff thus far and sources close to the team say Matfield has been asked to ready himself for a possible trip.

Matfield was supposed to have a week off after leading his team to their third Super 14 ***le in four years, but may be packing his bags sooner than he thinks.

Team doctor Craig Roberts told local media Tuesday that he had high hopes that Bekker would be fit. “He is struggling but we have a lot of time to get him right.â€

Springbok coach Peter de Villiers told SuperRugby on Kyknet Monday night he would only make a decision Tuesday night on the fitness of Bekker, as well as Dewald Potgieter and Juan de Jongh, who were also struggling with injuries. That decision seems to be delayed to Wednesday morning when more clarity would be given.

“The three of them are doubtful, but their chance of playing is bigger than not having them,†he told local media Tuesday.

Now, what my problem is is that he's trying to force these guys who have played 15 games of Super Rugby and have injury ****les into the team straight away. This is the root cause of long term injuries which then obviously causes games to be lost. Now, no disrepect to Wales, but this really is not an important match. Wales have only beaten the Boks once ever! Bekker, Matfield, Dewald Potgieter and Juan de Jongh should not be playing this game as they have just come off a long season and are struggling with minor injuries. This is when you rest the players! But no, the exact same thing will happen as last year. We'll start off really well winning all the time, but by the end of the year, the few first-choice guys that aren't injured are going to be too exhausted to play properly. This will then result in yet another disasterous end of year tour just like last year. PDV really doesn't learn. I'd rather lose a game to Wales that doesn't really mean that much (again no offence) then lose all the games on the end of year tour. Give the guys some rest!

If we win all of our home games, and the Tri-Nations, then i don't care what happens in the end of year games. They are a waste of time anyway. Rugby is what these guys do. It's their job. I'm not saying that they are not playing too much, because they are. I'm just saying it's not PdV's fault that the players are tired when the International season has not even started yet. The responsibility falls under the Super14/Currie Cup coaches to rest their players. Either way, one of the two will suffer, either club rugby, or international rugby. Besides, it's only one game. It's not going to ruin the entire season the way you are making it out to.

If we win all of our home games, and the Tri-Nations, then i don't care what happens in the end of year games. They are a waste of time anyway. Rugby is what these guys do. It's their job. I'm not saying that they are not playing too much, because they are. I'm just saying it's not PdV's fault that the players are tired when the International season has not even started yet. The responsibility falls under the Super14/Currie Cup coaches to rest their players. Either way, one of the two will suffer, either club rugby, or international rugby. Besides, it's only one game. It's not going to ruin the entire season the way you are making it out to.

If Matfield, Bekker, JDV, BJ Botha or Frans Steyn gets injured that's very bad for the Boks. For most countries its not a big deal, but I'd expect a South African to understand why injuries are such a problem. When a first-choice Bok player gets injured, does the second choice player get chosen? On the odd occasion, yes. But most of the time some quota player just gets tossed into the team. For instance, if one of our centres were to get injured, who would take his place? Rightfully it should be Wynand Olivier. But in South Africa, it would be Adi Jacobs. Just look at this team. Odwa Ndungane is on the wing. Can you honestly tell me that he's even in our top 10 wings in the country? He's a joke. I used to play club rugby with him. He was in Colegians third team as fullback. Everytime we played against them we just hoisted up and unders because he didn't know how to catch and we would get a ton of tries this way. Next thing we know, he's playing for the Sharks then the Springboks! Come on! But back to my original topic, you say that the tri-nations matter and the E-O-Y-T doesn't. It should be the opposite way round. This is because France and Ireland are currently more of a challenge then Australia or New Zealand. Aussie rugby is in a rebuilding stage with tons of youngsters, and the Kiwi's seem to be going through quite a slump. However, France gave us a convincing beating last time and we played like retards against Ireland. We should really look to end 2010 well so we start 2011 on a high.

If Matfield, Bekker, JDV, BJ Botha or Frans Steyn gets injured that's very bad for the Boks. For most countries its not a big deal, but I'd expect a South African to understand why injuries are such a problem. When a first-choice Bok player gets injured, does the second choice player get chosen? On the odd occasion, yes. But most of the time some quota player just gets tossed into the team. For instance, if one of our centres were to get injured, who would take his place? Rightfully it should be Wynand Olivier. But in South Africa, it would be Adi Jacobs. Just look at this team. Odwa Ndungane is on the wing. Can you honestly tell me that he's even in our top 10 wings in the country? He's a joke. I used to play club rugby with him. He was in Colegians third team as fullback. Everytime we played against them we just hoisted up and unders because he didn't know how to catch and we would get a ton of tries this way. Next thing we know, he's playing for the Sharks then the Springboks! Come on! But back to my original topic, you say that the tri-nations matter and the E-O-Y-T doesn't. It should be the opposite way round. This is because France and Ireland are currently more of a challenge then Australia or New Zealand. Aussie rugby is in a rebuilding stage with tons of youngsters, and the Kiwi's seem to be going through quite a slump. However, France gave us a convincing beating last time and we played like retards against Ireland. We should really look to end 2010 well so we start 2011 on a high.

Come onn... harsh.

I'm not too concerned about injuries tbh. Matfield is a key player, but we could still do alright without him. In my opinion, the ones we don't want to lose, are Spies, Du Preez, Morne Steyn, Bryan Habana and Andries Bekker. None of them are involved in this match at least. As far as Ireland and France go, i agree they are bogey teams for us, but at full strength, i doubt either of them could beat us on home soil. It doesn't matter who we rest throughout the year, everyone will still be tired come the end of year tours. It's one of the main reasons why i think touring should come back (which it is). It is a bit of an inconvenient test though, and hopefully we can do well without any injuries. Wales are not that physical, so i reckon we will be ok. Our big test is next weekend against France. They are the only team that can outmuscle us.

Agree on Odwa. He is horse ****. So is Chilleboy (who i played with for many years). But they are there, and nothing we can do will change that. Frans Steyn loves money and his hair more than playing for us, so for all i care, he can bugger off. As long as that pussy Joe Peterson doesn't touch a Bok jersey, i'm happy.

Latest posts