• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Petition to get Lawrence Dallaglio Involved In The England Setup

G

gingergenius

Basically, he frightens players into behaving. Don't tell me Brian Ashton has anything to do with the World Cup revival. It was Dallaglio and Corry and Robinson and a few other senior players who grabbed the team by the scruff of the neck and made them perform. He's a totally focussed, serious guy who instils that into the players, even if he's not playing himself.

Why do you think Wasps are so good at the business end of the season? Because they have figures like Dallaglio and Edwards there to bully an attitude of seriousness into the players. How else to you think the likes of Cipriani, Haskell, Rees, Waldouck and so on have managed to mature faster than any of the other young talents, when they're thrown into a major final?

I sign here.

ROFL.

"Hi, I'm Lawrence Dallaglio, England's most important player ever and the man who really slotted that drop goal. As you all know, ever since I've only taken a minor role in the England setup the national side has only been occasionally the best. This is purely down to the fact I wasn't involved. If you vote for me, I will turn this around.

As you know, it's entirely down to me that Wasps always perform well at the end of the season. It has nothing to do with Shawn Edwards and certainly nothing to do with Ian McGeechan.

Forget the fact I was stripped of the captaincy years ago for massaging my own ego and admitting to a national newspaper I take cocaine, completely wrote off England's chances in the last world cup then had to re-write the final chapter of my autobiography (by the way, have you bought your copy yet?) or that I have always manipulated the media to bully my way into the limelight. Vote for me and I promise to <strike>get paid loads for doing sod all</strike> bring England up to the place where they belong.

Lawrence Dallaglio.
Your Friend. Your Savior."

I wonder if his mission statement will go anything like that...

But in answer you your question, No. England does NOT need Dallaglio, nor does it need any other members of the old boys network.

GingaG! I think if we hired Chris Chesney, we'd be able to frighten the England set up for a fraction of the price.

I think Saracens last year paid him a bag of penny sweets and a can of stella..

Basically, he frightens players into behaving. Don't tell me Brian Ashton has anything to do with the World Cup revival. It was Dallaglio and Corry and Robinson and a few other senior players who grabbed the team by the scruff of the neck and made them perform. He's a totally focussed, serious guy who instils that into the players, even if he's not playing himself.

Why do you think Wasps are so good at the business end of the season? Because they have figures like Dallaglio and Edwards there to bully an attitude of seriousness into the players. How else to you think the likes of Cipriani, Haskell, Rees, Waldouck and so on have managed to mature faster than any of the other young talents, when they're thrown into a major final?

I sign here. [/b]

Some good reasons to want to include senior guys like Dallaglio. But there are other options. Martin Johnson for instance.........................

<div class='quotemain'> Basically, he frightens players into behaving. Don't tell me Brian Ashton has anything to do with the World Cup revival. It was Dallaglio and Corry and Robinson and a few other senior players who grabbed the team by the scruff of the neck and made them perform. He's a totally focussed, serious guy who instils that into the players, even if he's not playing himself.

I sign here. [/b]

Some good reasons to want to include senior guys like Dallaglio. But there are other options. Martin Johnson for instance.........................
[/b][/quote]

Dallaglio can work with Johnson. TBH, there needs to be discipline. And since no one RFUways seems to rate Dean Ryan, Ian McGheechan or Shaun Edwards then these are the guys I'm suggesting.

Chesney... lol! maaybe doesn't quite have the respect gained from a distinguished international career...

That all depends how much it would help his own ego.

Face up to the fact that Johnson was brought in as a knee jerk reaction by Baron and Andrew, naming a "2003 hero" in a frankly disgusting publicity stunt aimed at getting the public on their side. He knows nothing about coaching a team but is still getting hailed as a 'savior' of English rugby. In reality, he'll be the fall guy for Rob Andrews continued ineptness in 12-18 months time, as RA will still really be the guy pulling the strings.

Dayglo would be exactly the same, only with his ego in the way even more **** would hit the fan.

And sadly it's only those who don't know about or don't understand the back room politics at HQ that fall for these stunts; I.E. the casual fan who cheers England during the WC but doesn't care the rest of the time or the corporate supporter who was given tickets for HQ by a supplier as a carrot to make them buy more product.

While those people continue being the bread and butter of RFU funding, the inept idiots in charge will continue to make poor decisions including giving the "top job" to former players with no coaching experience. Former players such as Johnson or maybe even one day, Dayglo.

Then the part time fans and tabloids will continue to lap it up despite the continued under achievement of the national side.

Do more heroes of the 2003 world cup want their reputations potentially destroyed through association with the current team?

Latest posts