• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Petition to IRB to promote production of new Rugby Video Game

D

Dapper Lloyd

Hi all,

http://www.petition.fm/petitions/rugbyvideogamepetition/

I've been trying to get hold of the designers of the EA rugby games for a while now but it is futile.

I even pulled some favours with journalists to try and get an answer out of them.

It seems however that there are no new games in the pipeline and they are not even willing to discuss why this is so.

I believe the next option is to pester the IRB to help promote the game of rugby through the medium of video games.

Rugby is the 3rd most watched sport in the world. How can there not be a market and thus an excellent video game to go with it?

We need to show them that there is a need for a video game and that it will promote the sport.

Get as many people as you can to sign my petition.

http://www.petition.fm/petitions/rugbyvideogamepetition/

Keep the fire!

J

Hopefully there will be a new Rugby video game for the next RWC, but yeah that is all we can do...hope...

Come on people sign this petition!

pardon my cynicism, but i don't think the irb nor ea sports or whoever gives a ****.

the game developer is going to do what they believe will generate them more revenue, regardless of how big rugby is as a sport.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Jul 28 2009, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
pardon my cynicism, but i don't think the irb nor ea sports or whoever gives a ****.

the game developer is going to do what they believe will generate them more revenue, regardless of how big rugby is as a sport.[/b]

haha agreed! lol

I work at EA...it's most likely not going to happen, EA doesn't even handle the rugby games, they shove it off on some small company in Halifax.

The main reason? EA is an American company (with obvious branches around the world) and in North America - Rugby is still a baby, and most people don't even know what it is. Where as games like hockey, soccer, baseball, football..they are all large and popular sports over here. (Fifa being their number 1 money maker by a long shot..since soccer is popular in almost every country...unfortunately ;))

I've been questioning some of my higher ups about the 2011 cup, and if a game will be produced...they kinda laughed at me.

Any chance you can have a word with them and ask if they can make Rugby 08 for the PS2 onlineable and then all we have to do is wait for Sony to bring in backwards compatibility on all PS3's. This would be an excellent move by EA Sports.

I don't think there would be much of a chance, or to better say, no chance. EA is about moving forward, they'd never touch a two year old game :(
(cause that would be resources taken away from their next releases, like fifa, nhl, skate, etc.)

Latest posts