Phil Vickery Q&A Questions

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Post them all here, the best will be selected by TRF staff and put to the international prop.

Do you follow / participate in any other sport? If so what?

What kind of differences are there in preparation (both physical and mental) for matches against different opposition? Would the England squad, for instance, prepare in a totally different way if they were facing the Springboks, as opposed to the All Blacks or the wallabies? Or do you just prepare in the same way, regardless of who your opponents are?

Who is the toughest player you've ever come up against?

Do you think players are playing too much rugby?

Why do you think the gulf in class exists between the tri nations countries and the six nations countries?

Do you feel that too much emphises is being placed on young forwards to bulk up rather than to hone their skills?

Which 6 nations country looks best set for the world cup, bearing in mind that it is a little over a year away?

Do you think the NH season is too long and played at the wrong time of year?

What is your opinion on the reintroduction of traditional tours in terms of both tradition and player burnout?

Who is the funniest player you have ever shared a dressing room with?

1/ As a young prop, what sort of exercise (anaerobic, aerobic and weights etc) do I need to do to be a top notch prop like yourself? i.e. Do I need to work more on my back than my legs?
Bear in mind, I'm 16.

2/ Do you think that great aggression and a good winning mentality can make up for a lack of skill?

Who had the greatest impact on you or inspired you the most in your professional rugby career?

(joke q) How did it feel when Jason Hobson punched your lights out at Adams Park?

(serious 1) What do you have planned after you finish your career?

do you recognise ed fairhurst to be the greatest player to have graced the game??

and what did it feel like to crush olivier magne ...that hit is the stuff of legend ...whats it feel like to have thousands of people of people go OOOOOOHHHH!!!!!

What, in your opinion, are the key physical/technical points to winning a scrum? Please grant us some advice for those of us playing and the up & commers here on TRF.

Last edited:
After the dissapointment of the first Lions test against South Africa, both the result and your own performance; how did it feel to prove the critics wrong in the third test, putting in the performance you did, and helping the Lions to a well deserved victory?

Latest posts