Pick 3 players to be young again for your country

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
YOU GUYS LIKE SUSHI ??!!!

Three players, have to be active, nobody back from retirement - which you'd like the most to see young and in their prime again for your nation.

I want Domingo, Mas and Dusautoir. Rest of the squad has young players approaching their prime, players playing at a high level individually...but those three back in top form again along with the rest of the team, shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet......those first two have to be amongst the best scrummagers I've ever seen, any period, any part of the world, when on form. And Dusautoir...well...

Wasabi + Soy, fantastic. Your turn with your country :p

Easy. Fourie du Preez, Jaque Fourie and Juanne Forgeron.

I would have added Victor Matfield but the man is as spritely as ever and even more attractive now at 37/38. Also, his name would be a combo breaker. Pity Os du Randt isn't playing..

Last edited:
Daniel Carter, Richie McCaw and Joe Rokocoko (if he would come back to NZ)/Keven Mealamu.

Juan Martin Hernandez, Patricio Albacete and Felipe Contepomi (He's still playing in Argentina)

A close to pointless thread from an English PoV. All our best players are young, all our good old players have retired.

I'm curious to see who the Irish guys name other than POC and D'Arcy.

Robbo still turns out for Fylde every now and again, so him.

Realistically, I'm struggling to think of anyone for England. Our best players are all under 30, and I can't really think of anyone (not retired) that's older.

Maybe knock 10yrs off Cueto ;)

Just a few months too late to say Wilko unfortunately. Maybe Tait, the guy who never quite made it. As others have said, our good oldies were those from the 2003 era and they have all retired to my knowledge. Our current squad is already one of the youngest in the world and the oldies aren't really needed.

A close to pointless thread from an English PoV. All our best players are young, all our good old players have retired.

I'm curious to see who the Irish guys name other than POC and D'Arcy.

As BO'D isn't eligble...

PO'C, D'arcy and Best.

Though I am unsure whether or not Sexton, Heaslip and Bowe should be put in.

Last edited:
Daniel Carter, Richie McCaw and Joe Rokocoko (if he would come back to NZ)/Keven Mealamu.

I'm surprised you didn't pick Brad Thorn or Muliaina ahead of Roko or Mealamu but I suppose between Retallick, Whitelock and B Smith you have it covered so a spritely Mealamu might be more valuable.

Or turn back the clock on C Smith even though he's still going just to get another session out of him. I was tempted to pick BdP for us for that reason.

Last edited:
Mark Ella
David Campese
George Smith

honourable mentions to John Eales and George Gregan

Adam Jones
Gethin Jenkins
Ermmmm...can't really think of another, as mostly youngsters (even Alun Wyn is (unbelievably)still in his 20's). Maybe Phillips?

I'm surprised you didn't pick Brad Thorn or Muliaina ahead of Roko or Mealamu but I suppose between Retallick, Whitelock and B Smith you have it covered so a spritely Mealamu might be more valuable.

Or turn back the clock on C Smith even though he's still going just to get another session out of him. I was tempted to pick BdP for us for that reason.

Yeah, love Thorn but we have plenty of good locking options. Mealamu 10 years younger would solve our hooker issue. Carter/McCaw being younger would just be great as they're all time greats. Rokocoko I just have great affection for.

Adam Jones
Gethin Jenkins
Ermmmm...can't really think of another, as mostly youngsters (even Alun Wyn is (unbelievably)still in his 20's). Maybe Phillips?

ohhhhh coooooome oooon ! Wales in a caricature are the sum of the individual shadows of their former selves. Cuthbert had the one good game in S.A., Lydiate, Roberts, Warburton, Davies...these guys were supposed to ROCK the Rugby world scene post-RWC. These guys, for whatever reason respectively, have disappeared intermittently. If anything, this thread is a delicious fantasy treat for Welshmen before anybody else.

For England, great signs really. This thread puts things in perspective concerning England, and how well they're doing in that regard...young, and moving forward. Haven't seen Corbs scrummage long time no see make scrum but I've heard he's not nearly as dominant now, maybe one option for English fans ?

Yeah, love Thorn but we have plenty of good locking options. Mealamu 10 years younger would solve our hooker issue. Carter/McCaw being younger would just be great as they're all time greats. Rokocoko I just have great affection for.

Hosea Gear...Rokocoko...you seem to have "great affection" for big, athletic, dark men mmm ?...;) Oh I'm just...I'm just sayin !.....:rolleyes:

For England, great signs really. This thread puts things in perspective concerning England, and how well they're doing in that regard...young, and moving forward. Haven't seen Corbs scrummage long time no see make scrum but I've heard he's not nearly as dominant now, maybe one option for English fans ?

News to me...

well ? Has he been just as dominant as before the injury ? Heard he hasn't, haven't seen anything myself.

Honestly the three guys he's been up against are Afoa, Cittadini and Scott Wilson, young English tighthead who will be our starter for 2019 possibly even in the squad for 2015. He more than had Afoa a few times, and he came on against Wilson but more than looked competent in every game.

As for 3 guys I would pick Toby Flood, Nick Easter and if he is still playing (we ain't sure) Sheridan. Might not be first choice but a 23 year old Flood, a 26 year old Easter and 24 year old Sheridan would still be useful.

Latest posts