PICK YOUR LIONS 23 MAN SQUAD BASED ON WC Performance

valley commando

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Pontypridd
Mine Would Be -:

15. Rob Kearney (would have been Halfpenny if fit)
14. Tommy Bowe
13. Tyler Morgan (would be Joseph , Jonathan Davies or Scott Williams if fit)
12. Jamie Roberts
11. George North
10. Dan Biggar
9. Gareth Davies

1. Cian Healy
2. Scott Baldwin.
3. Samson Lee
4. Charteris
5. AWJ
6. Warburton (Captain)
7. Tiperic
8. Falatau

Bench - Connor Murray, Sexton, Baritt, Best, WP Nel, Marler, Toner, Lydiate.

That NH team just might win a game down south.

Mine Would Be -:

14. Tommy Bowe
12. Jamie Roberts
11. George North
10. Dan Biggar
9. Gareth Davies

1. Cian Healy
2. Scott Baldwin.
3. Samson Lee
4. Charteris
5. AWJ
6. Warburton (Captain)
7. Tiperic
8. Falatau

This is completely incredible.

I like how you leave out Joseph/Davies/Williams, because they're injured, for Tyler Morgan....who is the most injured of the four.

I like how you leave out Joseph/Davies/Williams, because they're injured, for Tyler Morgan....who is the most injured of the four.

I take your point, possibly insert Keith Earls in there then, or have you a better option ?

- - - Updated - - -

Tommy Bowe?? Bad call bro!!!

You no what, he didn't have the best WC and now fit I would opt for Eli Walker, although most won't agree with that choice, I would have picked him if fit as 1st choice for Wales.

- - - Updated - - -

I like how he said Halfpenny IF fit despite him not playing in the WC at all.

Well he wasn't fit and yes didn't play in the WC but this selection thing is just a bit of fun, it is more what if than anything, what would your selection be ?

The team lol

What about your team then, I admit there is a certain bias towards Wales, but as far as AWJ, the back row, the 1/2 backs Roberts and North I certainly don't think they can be improved upon so 8 Welsh players I would not debate, the other Welsh I admit would be up for debate, but I am a little one eyed at times as you will have noticed.

What about your team then, I admit there is a certain bias towards Wales, but as far as AWJ, the back row, the 1/2 backs Roberts and North I certainly don't think they can be improved upon so 8 Welsh players I would not debate, the other Welsh I admit would be up for debate, but I am a little one eyed at times as you will have noticed.

I assume this is a joke though. Because only an idiot would think those 8 players are the best players in their positions. I assume you missed all the Scotland games as well who played much better than Wales in general to be honest.

Oh and let's not forget Ireland.

Okay so instead of insults who would you pick instead of those eight, I would be interested to see who you think would be better.

PAHA so if fit you would have 13/15 of the players Welsh if fit? Typical "Lions = Welsh+others" view.

Okay

1) Healey,
2) Best,
3) Lee
4) Gray,
5) O'Connell
6) O'Brien
7) Warburton
8) Falatau
9) Murray
10) Bigger
11) Watson
12) Henshaw
13) Earls/Bennett
14) North
15) Brown

16) Baldwin
17) Dickinson
18) Nel
19) Henderson
20) Heaslip/Denton
21) Laidlaw
22) Sexton
23) Kearney

15. Brown
14. Earls
13. Williams
12. Henshaw
11. May
10. Sexton
9. Davies

1. McGrath
2. Best
3. Lee
4. Henderson
5. AWJ (Captain)
6. Warburton
7. O'Brien
8. Falatau

Mine Would Be -:

14. Tommy Bowe
12. Jamie Roberts
11. George North
10. Dan Biggar
9. Gareth Davies

1. Cian Healy
2. Scott Baldwin.
3. Samson Lee
4. Charteris
5. AWJ
6. Warburton (Captain)
7. Tiperic
8. Falatau

Absolute rubbish.

1. Lydiate has more impact than Tipuric despite what people say. Tipuric didn't do anything against Australia and just because he was excellent in one warm up game against Ireland, people called for Warburton to be dropped, even though that was the kind of display Warburton consistently puts in. Tipuric is great but Lydiate's work is heavily underrated, he was enormous against the Boks. Quality player.

2. Tyler Morgan???? Please! I'm Welsh but seriously get your head out of the gutter. Mark Bennett is the unrivalled stand out on world cup form. His defense is phenomenal, and he is quality at picking gaps.

3. Henderson > Charteris. Easily.

4. Tommy Bowe isn't even the best wing in Ireland right now. Tommy Seymour, Jonny May or Anthony Watson are far better right now.

5. Conor Murray is a way better 9 than Davies. Davies is still raw at test level and needs time.

6. WP. Nel, Mike Ross are both better than Lee right now.

7. Rory Best was one of the standout hookers in the tournament. He is far above Baldwin.

My team: 15. Mike Brown (sure he has attitude issues but is a great player), 14. Anthony Watson, 13. Mark Bennett, 12. Robbie Henshaw, 11. George North, 10. Dan Biggar, 9. Conor Murray, 8. Taulupe Faletau, 7. Sam Warburton (c), 6. Dan Lydiate, 5. Iain Henderson, 4. Alun Wyn Jones, 3. WP. Nel, 2. Rory Best, 1. Cian Healy, BENCH: 16. Ken Owens, 17. Jack McGrath, 18. Mike Ross, 19. Luke Charteris, 20. Sean O'Brien, 21. Ben Youngs, 22. Jonathan Sexton, 23. Tommy Seymour

Absolute rubbish.

1. Lydiate has more impact than Tipuric despite what people say. Tipuric didn't do anything against Australia and just because he was excellent in one warm up game against Ireland, people called for Warburton to be dropped, even though that was the kind of display Warburton consistently puts in. Tipuric is great but Lydiate's work is heavily underrated, he was enormous against the Boks. Quality player.

2. Tyler Morgan???? Please! I'm Welsh but seriously get your head out of the gutter. Mark Bennett is the unrivalled stand out on world cup form. His defense is phenomenal, and he is quality at picking gaps.

3. Henderson > Charteris. Easily.

4. Tommy Bowe isn't even the best wing in Ireland right now. Tommy Seymour, Jonny May or Anthony Watson are far better right now.

5. Conor Murray is a way better 9 than Davies. Davies is still raw at test level and needs time.

6. WP. Nel, Mike Ross are both better than Lee right now.

7. Rory Best was one of the standout hookers in the tournament. He is far above Baldwin.

My team: 15. Mike Brown (sure he has attitude issues but is a great player), 14. Anthony Watson, 13. Mark Bennett, 12. Robbie Henshaw, 11. George North, 10. Dan Biggar, 9. Conor Murray, 8. Taulupe Faletau, 7. Sam Warburton (c), 6. Dan Lydiate, 5. Iain Henderson, 4. Alun Wyn Jones, 3. WP. Nel, 2. Rory Best, 1. Cian Healy, BENCH: 16. Ken Owens, 17. Jack McGrath, 18. Mike Ross, 19. Luke Charteris, 20. Sean O'Brien, 21. Ben Youngs, 22. Jonathan Sexton, 23. Tommy Seymour

On 1. I am not alone with completely disagreeing with you I think the way forward is to play 2 opensides, win the breakdown and your halfway to winning the match, I don't dislike Lydiate but prefer Warbs at 6 and Tips at 7.
On 3 I also disagree Charteris is unsung, has good stats lineout wise and is excellent in a defensive maul.
On 2 and 4 I will concede and on reflection agree with you.
On 5,6 and 7 it's a bit swings and roundabouts, certainly Baldwin, Lee and Davies are on an upward curve, whilst surely Best and possibly Connor have reached their respective peaks.

i'd have Amos at 14 and Jenkins as 1. Otherwise fairly spot on.

Brilliant.

I'd go with:

1) Healey
2) Best
3) Lee
4) Henderson
5) O'Connell
6) Lydiate
7) O'Brien
8) Falatau
9) Murray
10) Bigger
11) Watson
12) Henshaw
13) Bennett
14) May
15) Brown

16) Baldwin
17) Dickinson
18) Nel
19) AWJ
20) Heaslip
21) Laidlaw
22) Sexton
23) Kearney

That is based purely on WC performances, for the sake of the Lions I hope it looks an awful lot different come the actual tour.

Latest posts