• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pick Your Super 14 Squad

R

rc_souljah

Guest
Hurricanes:
24 protected players
1.Joe McDonnel
2.Neemia Tialata
3.Tim Fairbrother
4.John Schwalger
5.Andrew Hore
6.Mahonri Schwalger
7.Ross Kennedy
8.Jason Eaton
9.Paul Tito
10.Jerry Collins
11.Ben Herring
12.Rodney So'oialo
13.Chris Masoe
14.Piri Weepu
15.Danny Lee
16.Jimmy Gopperth
17.Ma'a Nonu
18.Tana Umaga ©
19.Conrad Smith
20.Lifeimi Mafi
21.Hosea Gear
22.Lome Fa'atau
23.Roy Kinikinilau
24.Shannon Paku

I don't know how many players you get from the draft so i'll just say 5

Draft Players
1.Kurtis Haiu(Auckland)/Kevin O'Neill(Canterbury) or that other Cantab lock
2.Taniela Moa(Auckland)
3.David Holwell(Northland)
4.Tim Dow(Northland)
5.Isaia Toeava(Auckland)/George Pisi(North Harbour
 
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

Guest
tamoepeau,woodcock,afoa
mealamu,???...dow?...
n.williams,a.williams,rawlinson
flavell,kaino,braid,collins,mcdonald
devine,gibson,moa
mccalister,lavea
tuitupou,tuitevake,tipoki
rokocoko,howlett,ward

koonwaiyou
haui
waquesaduadua
howell
????....

i heard latui mite be moving back to auckland?..
an necewa has signed up for the chiefs?

any news?...
we gotta very strong team lead by woodcock who has to be the best attacking scrumager in the world!!..he pummled afoa and mealamu last weekend

i think dows a good shot at being in with aucklands under protected five,jus needs more direction with ball throwing come line out time
 
S

Southern man

Guest
Originally posted by rc_souljah@Oct 20 2005, 03:17 PM
I don't know how many players you get from the draft so i'll just say 5
You can have as many draft players as you want, and with the portected players it is only a limit you don't have to have 24 protected players.

Highlanders

King
Hayman
Dermody
macKintosh

Oliver
McDonald

MacDonald
Levi
Ryan
Donnelly

Blackie
Webb
Newby
Boys
Waldrom (draft)

Smylie
Cowan

Evans
Toeava (draft)

Mapusua
Brew
Tuipolotu/Tuitipou (draft)

Saunders
Lotawa

Te Whare
Clare
Horton

The first two draft players sound like they have been guaranteed, The draft midfielder would be a toos up. We might need another winger though.
 
R

rc_souljah

Guest
It'll be interesting to see who starts at half for the highlanders. Could be another Danny Lee/Kelleher/Jimmy Cowan log jam
 
S

sambãd5

Guest
1)woodcock
2)mealamu
3)afoa
4)rawlenson/flavel
5)a.williams
6)kaino
7)flavel/braid
8)n.williams
9)devine
10)mcallister/howell
11)joe
12)tupoki/mcallister
13)tuituvaki/tupoki/tuitupo
14)howlett
15)ward

16)mr T
17)?
18)macdonald
19)braid/collins
20)moa
21)lavea
22)necawa
 
M

Mr. Laxative

Guest
brumbies

Bill Young
Jeremy Paul
David Fitter
Al Campbell
Mark Chisholm
Daniel Heenan
George Smith
Jone Tawake
George Gregan
Matt Giteau
Mark Gerrard
Gene Fairbanks
Stirling Mortlock
Clyde Rathbone
Adam Ashley-Cooper

David Palavi
Nic Henderson
Julian Salvi
Adam Wallace-Harrison
Luke Burgess
Stepehen Larkham
Peter Owens
 
N

NZL Fan

Guest
Blues squad (what I think will be picked - not what I want.....ie. I'd have McAllister at first five for instance).

1)Woodcock
2)Mealamu
3)Afoa
4)Flavell
5)A.Williams
6)Kaino
7)Braid
8)N.Williams
9)Devine
10)Lavea
11)Rokocoko
12)McAllister
13)Tuitavake
14)Howlett
15)Ward

16)Mr T
17)Rawlinson/Haui (They may try hard to get the one that misses out as part of positions 25-28).
18)Macdonald
19)Waquasiduadua
20)Gibson
21)Atiga
22)Necawa
23)Very young Auckland fullback/first five (name escapes me....)
24)Blowers - probably Blowers as he must have been guaranteed a start in Super 12 to come back.......

(I think they may try to get a back up hooker on the draft (Witcombe out) and a fourth prop, Justin Collins may get an exemption to be added as the 25th player like last year.....)
 
E

..::ERIC::..

Guest
I think either MacDonald, Blowers or Kaino will start at 8 for the Blues. Williams will struggle at S14 level, he doesn't have the workrate to make it at that level.
 
N

NZL Fan

Guest
Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Oct 20 2005, 07:30 PM
I think either MacDonald, Blowers or Kaino will start at 8 for the Blues. Williams will struggle at S14 level, he doesn't have the workrate to make it at that level.
Well he had some storming performances at Lock (where he's never played before) last super 12, so I think he might do better in a position he is at least familiar with..........
 
S

scot

Guest
1. Greg Holmes
2. Stephen Moore
3. Anthony MathisoN
4. Hugh McMeniman
5. Mark Connors
6. Tom McVerry
7. David Croft
8. John Roe
9. Sam Cordingley
10. Elton Flatley
11. Henari Veratau
12. Lloyd Johansson
13. Ben Tune
14. Drew Mitchell
15. Chris Latham

16. Sean Hardman
17. Rodney Blanke
18. Mitchell Chapman
19. James Sua
20. Josh Valentine / Tim Atkinson
21. Julian Huxley / Berrick Barnes
22. Peter Hynes
 
S

Southern man

Guest
Originally posted by NZL fan@Oct 20 2005, 07:24 PM
23)Very young Auckland fullback/first five (name escapes me....)
Toeava, I had him in my Highlanders squad as the word down here is that he won't be protected by the Blues and is the Highlanders top target.
 
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

Guest
Originally posted by Southern man+Oct 21 2005, 04:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Southern man @ Oct 21 2005, 04:19 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Oct 20 2005, 07:24 PM

23)Very young Auckland fullback/first five (name escapes me....)
Toeava, I had him in my Highlanders squad as the word down here is that he won't be protected by the Blues and is the Highlanders top target. [/b]
get your own players
<
 
E

..::ERIC::..

Guest
Originally posted by NZL fan@Oct 20 2005, 08:24 PM
Blues squad (what I think will be picked - not what I want.....ie. I'd have McAllister at first five for instance).

1)Woodcock
2)Mealamu
3)Afoa
4)Flavell
5)A.Williams
6)Kaino
7)Braid
8)N.Williams
9)Devine
10)Lavea
11)Rokocoko
12)McAllister
13)Tuitavake
14)Howlett
15)Ward

16)Mr T
17)Rawlinson/Haui (They may try hard to get the one that misses out as part of positions 25-28).
18)Macdonald
19)Waquasiduadua
20)Gibson
21)Atiga
22)Necawa
23)Very young Auckland fullback/first five (name escapes me....)
24)Blowers - probably Blowers as he must have been guaranteed a start in Super 12 to come back.......

(I think they may try to get a back up hooker on the draft (Witcombe out) and a fourth prop, Justin Collins may get an exemption to be added as the 25th player like last year.....)
Who would captain that side? Just read an interesting article on Xtra about Collins, who unless he can get an exemption to be a 25th protected player looks set to be dropped. He has been a good leader but nobody elses stands out as good leadership material in the Blues.
 
K

kaftka

Guest
Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..+Oct 21 2005, 10:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (..::ERIC::.. @ Oct 21 2005, 10:24 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Oct 20 2005, 08:24 PM
Blues squad (what I think will be picked - not what I want.....ie. I'd have McAllister at first five for instance).

1)Woodcock
2)Mealamu
3)Afoa
4)Flavell
5)A.Williams
6)Kaino
7)Braid
8)N.Williams
9)Devine
10)Lavea
11)Rokocoko
12)McAllister
13)Tuitavake
14)Howlett
15)Ward

16)Mr T
17)Rawlinson/Haui (They may try hard to get the one that misses out as part of positions 25-28).
18)Macdonald
19)Waquasiduadua
20)Gibson
21)Atiga
22)Necawa
23)Very young Auckland fullback/first five (name escapes me....)
24)Blowers - probably Blowers as he must have been guaranteed a start in Super 12 to come back.......

(I think they may try to get a back up hooker on the draft (Witcombe out) and a fourth prop, Justin Collins may get an exemption to be added as the 25th player like last year.....)
Who would captain that side? [/b]
Troy Flavell
<
.

No, I think they would get Collins again....Even though there are much better players in the squad
<
 
E

..::ERIC::..

Guest
Well if they are planning on letting Tuitupou leave the region and get drafted into the Highlanders, why not have the NH 10,12,13 combination with Tipoki as captain? Sure it is a big gamble but they have worked well together, and if most people are wrong and they opt for Tuitupou afterall move Tipoki to centre and still try protect Tuitavake.
 
R

Ripper

Guest
Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..+Oct 21 2005, 09:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (..::ERIC::.. @ Oct 21 2005, 09:44 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Oct 21 2005, 06:13 PM
I thought Blowers went to Counties i.e in the Chiefs Zone.
No he signed for Auckland. [/b]
What a dumbarse...

Why not sign somewhere where he might actually start? Like Wellington.
 
N

NZL Fan

Guest
Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..+Oct 21 2005, 10:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (..::ERIC::.. @ Oct 21 2005, 10:24 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Oct 20 2005, 08:24 PM
Blues squad (what I think will be picked - not what I want.....ie. I'd have McAllister at first five for instance).

1)Woodcock
2)Mealamu
3)Afoa
4)Flavell
5)A.Williams
6)Kaino
7)Braid
8)N.Williams
9)Devine
10)Lavea
11)Rokocoko
12)McAllister
13)Tuitavake
14)Howlett
15)Ward

16)Mr T
17)Rawlinson/Haui (They may try hard to get the one that misses out as part of positions 25-28).
18)Macdonald
19)Waquasiduadua
20)Gibson
21)Atiga
22)Necawa
23)Very young Auckland fullback/first five (name escapes me....)
24)Blowers - probably Blowers as he must have been guaranteed a start in Super 12 to come back.......

(I think they may try to get a back up hooker on the draft (Witcombe out) and a fourth prop, Justin Collins may get an exemption to be added as the 25th player like last year.....)
Who would captain that side? Just read an interesting article on Xtra about Collins, who unless he can get an exemption to be a 25th protected player looks set to be dropped. He has been a good leader but nobody elses stands out as good leadership material in the Blues. [/b]
Good point - for that reason alone they may make McDonald the starting blindside (and captain), with Kaino/Williams being used in rotation at no 8 (remember it is a longer competition with a lot more travelling/time on tour for the New Zealand/Australian teams - rotation will be a must to maintain freshness)......If Collins makes the extended squad he could play and captain whilst resting McDonald.

Braid would have to be rested as well at times, so McDonald could change to open side to allow both Kaino/Blowers (blindside) and Williams/Blowers (no 8) to start.
 
Top