• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pickering dons boots for charity

C

Cymro

<div align="center">Pickering dons boots for charity

_44677674_dai_pickering_203.jpg

</div>

<div align="center"> Chairman David Pickering is coming out of retirement to play for the Welsh Rugby Union in a charity match against a Welsh Assembly Government XV.</div>
<div align="center"> Thursday's game at Glamorgan Wanderers RF (kick-off 1915 BST) will raise cash for a bowel cancer charity and the WRU Charitable Trust for injured players. </div>
<div align="center"> Among the ex-Wales stars joining Pickering are David Bishop, Mark Ring, Glenn Webbe and Nigel Davies. </div>
<div align="center"> Pickering said: "I'll do my best to cover the yards."
Ex-Wales captain Pickering, who won 23 caps, will run out in a WRU Presidents XV team that will also include Rob Appleyard at number eight with the current Wales squad conditioning coach Mark Bennett completing the breakaway trio. </div><div align="center"> Pickering added: "It is a long time since I played a game of rugby so I will wait to see how my fitness holds out. </div>
<div align="center">"Some of the guys in the Presidents XV are still extremely fit so I will need to dust of the cobwebs and use all the experience I can muster to keep up." </div>
<div align="center">The front five will feature Anthony Buchanan, Peter Rogers and Martyn Madden with Glyn Llewellyn taking one of the lock positions. </div>
<div align="center"> Bishop and Ring will team up at half back and Mark Douglas will also feature at scrum-half. </div>
<div align="center">WRU president Dennis Gethin said: "I was delighted to accept this challenge from the Welsh Assembly Government especially as it enables us to help the WRU Charitable Trust which does so much good work for injured players. </div>
<div align="center"> "Although we champion the elite professional game, rugby will always have a place for these great social occasions."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...lsh/7413447.stm

What a Front Row is all I say
</div>

<div align="center">Pickering dons boots for charity

_44677674_dai_pickering_203.jpg

<div align="center"> Chairman David Pickering is coming out of retirement to play for the Welsh Rugby Union in a charity match against a Welsh Assembly Government XV.</div>
<div align="center"> Thursday's game at Glamorgan Wanderers RF (kick-off 1915 BST) will raise cash for a bowel cancer charity and the WRU Charitable Trust for injured players. </div>
<div align="center"> Among the ex-Wales stars joining Pickering are David Bishop, Mark Ring, Glenn Webbe and Nigel Davies. </div>
<div align="center"> Pickering said: "I'll do my best to cover the yards."
Ex-Wales captain Pickering, who won 23 caps, will run out in a WRU Presidents XV team that will also include Rob Appleyard at number eight with the current Wales squad conditioning coach Mark Bennett completing the breakaway trio. </div><div align="center"> Pickering added: "It is a long time since I played a game of rugby so I will wait to see how my fitness holds out. </div>
<div align="center">"Some of the guys in the Presidents XV are still extremely fit so I will need to dust of the cobwebs and use all the experience I can muster to keep up." </div>
<div align="center">The front five will feature Anthony Buchanan, Peter Rogers and Martyn Madden with Glyn Llewellyn taking one of the lock positions. </div>
<div align="center"> Bishop and Ring will team up at half back and Mark Douglas will also feature at scrum-half. </div>
<div align="center">WRU president Dennis Gethin said: "I was delighted to accept this challenge from the Welsh Assembly Government especially as it enables us to help the WRU Charitable Trust which does so much good work for injured players. </div>
<div align="center"> "Although we champion the elite professional game, rugby will always have a place for these great social occasions."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...lsh/7413447.stm

What a Front Row is all I say
</div>
[/b][/quote]

Good old Nosey.

Latest posts