• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pierre Spies

• Thread starter Incredible Schalk
  • Start date
I

Incredible Schalk

Great to see he has made a successful recovery and is back on the field, hes such an inspirational player i hope he rediscovers his form and gets in the the Bok side for the tri nations. It didnt surprise me that his first game back the Bulls stepped up their performance several notches. Hope the big man can give us some of his powerful and pacy runs in the coming weeks. Force,watch out.

Watched the match he played in against the Blues and was pleasantly surprised. He looked match fit and as strong as he was before his illness. It was fantastic to see him not fray away from contact, but run straight at the biggest fellas. He will definately be in the South African squad for the Tri-Nations, and wouldn't be surprised if he was in the starting XV. The rest of the Super 14 teams better watch out, because Pierre Spies is back and will become the best Number 8 in the world.

I only watched the 2nd half of the game and Spies was carrying on with business as usual. Great to see him back after missing the WC.
Can't wait to see him running at the Wales defense line!
He'll prove to be a handful I'm sure.
But we're only halfway in the S14 so his sole focus right now should be regaining his form in a blue jersey.

I'm sure he's doing exactly that though, he's such a pro.

we're all glad to see spies back ;). pity the bulls aren't playing well... i think the elv's severely impacted the bulls' way of playing. they not really an expansive side and tend to playing tight with the forwards - they're adapted too late in my opinion. that aside, looking forward to spies regaining his form of '07 and back in the tri nations squad

He's still behind Kankowski who's set to be the Springbok number 8 this season

It will be an Interesting scrap with who plays in the Losehead for the Boks. Kankowski has had an amazing season so it will be tough for Spies. New coach so there is no relying on past performances

Great to see he has made a successful recovery and is back on the field, hes such an inspirational player i hope he rediscovers his form and gets in the the Bok side for the tri nations. It didnt surprise me that his first game back the Bulls stepped up their performance several notches. Hope the big man can give us some of his powerful and pacy runs in the coming weeks. Force,watch out.
[/b]
pierre spies is definitly 1 of the best,to bad he couldn't be at the wc with the boks!!!!

He's still behind Kankowski who's set to be the Springbok number 8 this season
[/b]
thats a tight 1,spies vs kankowski???kankowski is not that big though!!

<div class='quotemain'>Pierre Spies is back and will become the best Number 8 in the world.[/b]

AMEN!!! :bravo:
[/b][/quote]
lol still think chavanga is faster than habana,habana left wing and chavanga right wing for the boks??

[/b]

lol hell yeah

Yeah Kankowski appears lanky, lock-like if you will, makes him appear small?. He's been the mantis!

Yea i think its unfair when people say he needs to bulk up, if he does to much of that he will lose the winger speed he has. Also he gets over the advantage line every time, more than the likes of Jerry Collins. How has Spies been getting on recently? at the moment Kankowski is the best no.8 by a mile in the competition, hope he plays against Wales...again ;)

Yea i think its unfair when people say he needs to bulk up, if he does to much of that he will lose the winger speed he has. Also he gets over the advantage line every time, more than the likes of Jerry Collins. How has Spies been getting on recently? at the moment Kankowski is the best no.8 by a mile in the competition, hope he plays against Wales...again ;)
[/b]
What about Wycliff Palu? He's been ripping it up!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I thought you would be happy to hear me give such praise to a Shark :D

Yea, in recent games he's been good but not over the season, Van Niekerk,Watson and So'oailo have also been good. But Kankowski is the stand out player imo.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I thought you would be happy to hear me give such praise to a Shark :D

Yea, in recent games he's been good but not over the season, Van Niekerk,Watson and So'oailo have also been good. But Kankowski is the stand out player imo. [/b][/quote]

**** dude, I take anything a Stormer says with a pinch of salt :lol: It's a 2nd nature that has been drilled into me lol.

But yeah I agree with the players you've mentioned, once again the SA loose forward stocks are in abudance. Van Niekerk has done particularly well in a team that's doing crap

Spies is definitely a legend in the making... although Kankowski currently has the edge in terms of performance