• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Plane crash in Madrid

It's a terrible shame. After seeing the pictures and reading about how scorched the earth was from the plane it makes me cringe to think how terrible it would have been to burn to death.

R.I.P.

In a space of almost 8 years between 27 March 1977 and 19 February 1985, 1058 people perished in plane crashes in Spain. Unfortunately this just adds to their terrible record.

pretty sad.... there were several incidents last year involving the MD80... another caused by an engine fire

Very sad news all round this week, with the paedo, Jade, and now this.

I highly doubt terrorism in the madrid crash, but until it's ruled out it's a possibility after the train bombing in madrid.

Those planes should be taken out of commission. I had to wait at heathrow on the tarmac for 5 hrs because of a fault and i'm glad they swapped planes rather than attempt to take off if the fault wasn't fixed. And that was a huge plane.

I think some negligence is involved with this, from reading what's happened from the news. It was not airworthy at the time, but it was still flown.

Just a tragic shame that innocent people die like that when the paedo is grabbing all the headlines.

It should have been the paedo on a single seater plane that crashed, preferably after he found out he had cancer. The pilot and crew survives and he gets eaten slowly by sharks.

Am i too heartless?

In a space of almost 8 years between 27 March 1977 and 19 February 1985, 1058 people perished in plane crashes in Spain. Unfortunately this just adds to their terrible record. [/b]

Over half that number was in the Tenerife disaster on March 27th 1977, the worst crash ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenerife_disaster

Airline safety has improved massively since the 1980's.

I highly doubt terrorism in the madrid crash, but until it's ruled out it's a possibility after the train bombing in madrid.

Those planes should be taken out of commission. I had to wait at heathrow on the tarmac for 5 hrs because of a fault and i'm glad they swapped planes rather than attempt to take off if the fault wasn't fixed. And that was a huge plane.
[/b]

The crash was due to a fire on Engine 1 (left hand engine!) This may well be the reason the aircraft rolled and crashed to the right of the runway. No evidence at all of terrorism as this was an engine fire on take off.

As for the air worthiness of the aircraft their has only been 15 fatal accidents with the MD80 since 1981. As for Negligence every aircraft is inspected before and after the flight and it is upto the mechanics and the Captain if they wish o fly the aircraft, if they are unhappy about anything to do with the aircraft they can refuse the flight.

Hope that sheds some light.

Andrew

I was getting a flight from Athens a few hours after this plane crash in Madrid. Let's just say it was a scary take off for me.

The cause of this crash will be negligence, I am sure. The plane returned from the runway once already due to a fault with, I believe, the engine temperature guage. The same engine that has supposedly exploded.

Fa'aatu, it isn't terrorism, no chance.

So what happened? Did it hit something? Did it take off then just fall? How did it happen? Engine failure???

*EDIT* Nevermind. Saw the post above explained it quite nicely.

It looks like engine 1 (left) exploded on take off and the plane was past V1, meaning it was too late to stop. Looks like the pilot tried to get it into the air but had no chance. Once they were past V1 they were already dead I'm afraid.

Channel 7 did a shocking job of reporting it here, they made up some bullshit about showing the "actual plane" 10 minutes before it happened, then showed pictures of a different plane (a Star Alliance one, which I'm not sure if that was the one which impacted or not) then showed computer simulations of a different plane again! <_<
RIP to all

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ Aug 21 2008, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was getting a flight from Athens a few hours after this plane crash in Madrid. Let's just say it was a scary take off for me.[/b]

I presume then that you are very scared every time you take a car or you cross a street...

Latest posts