• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Player gets banned for 13 weeks for clearing nose on player’s face

Wow. 13 weeks.
How did we end up in a situation where a player knowingly stomping an opponent on his back (Paul Lasike, Arg XV vs USA) gets a 1-week suspension and a guy clearing his nose on an opponents face gets 13 weeks?

I'm not saying the cheetahs guy doesn't deserve punishment, course he does, but we cant have personal hygiene as a priority above physical integrity (im exaggerating, i know).

A guy who willingly and knowingly does something that could end up in serious injury gets 1 week. There's got to be some congruence between the seriousness of the foul and the penalty.
This is just madness.

Agree with the above, think this is utter madness. Yes it's disgusting, yes it's demeaning, no it's not in the spirit of the sport - give him a good ban but not 13 weeks FFS.
Is stomping or punching in the spirit of the sport? Do they punished this severely? Rugby should get off its high-horse wherein basically bad sportsmanship is punished significantly more harshly than any offence related to a physical foul. Dave Ward gently treads on a blokes ankle and the powers that be say nothing of it at all.

On a less serious note I love that they had to use a formal-sounding name for this offence - I'm disappointed they didn't just go for "Blowing a bogey"

Latest posts