• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Player items

big-hits

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
I would just like to start off by saying my club ball boys for London Irish that's how this came about.

So a few weeks ago two team mates of mine managed to get hold of the boots that were worn by Mapasua and Delon Armitage in the game against Saints. Unfortunately the person with Mapasua's got one taken from him, however the other person who had Armitage's had both and has decided to wear them whilst training, for those of you that don't know Armitage wears rs7's which are worth about £150, quite a lot of money if you only play u14's rugby.

So anyway he wore the boots, but got a reasonable amount of stick from other members in our team saying that they would never wear them, simply keep them as a proud possession, so I would like to ask you what would you do if something like this happened to you?

They knicked Mapusuas boots?
They're braver men then I!

I'm not sure, if it were me - if it were signed or something I wouldn't wear/use the item, obviously - would probably not otherwise either, depends how much sentimentality you apply to the object - would you look back on it in 10yrs time and think "Yeah, those are Maps' boots, that's awesome"
Then again, they're probably not going to fall apart wearing them a few times, and they're expensive boots, so why not?

Haha, this is a similar stance to the one I took, I would consider Mapasua's boots blessed as he had scored a try in them himself, and a good try it was. Oh yes it might be useful to add neither pair were signed.

Think how good it would be to say you've played in an international-class player's boots? I would definitely wear them!

Latest posts