• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Player of the tournament- 6N 2017

stormmaster1

Academy Player
Ok, so who does everyone think was the player of tournament?

Maybe it's my English bias, but Launchberry or Farrell would be the main contenders for me, probably Farrell getting the nod. England are in the process of developing leaders (despite an 18 game run) and Farrell is clearly developing in that regard for England. Webb impressed me for Wales, Hogg in the first 3 games for Scotland.
What does everyone else think?

Sam Davies obvs.... tut!

- - - Updated - - -

All seriousness...

Launchbury. Stander a close second but Launcbury edges it as his team won the tournanment.

Probably Launch for me too.

J Gray started like a train, but fizzled out a bit. Honourable mention to Warburton as well.

Maybe it's my English bias, but Launchberry or Farrell would be the main contenders for me, probably Farrell getting the nod. England are in the process of developing leaders (despite an 18 game run) and Farrell is clearly developing in that regard for England. Webb impressed me for Wales, Hogg in the first 3 games for Scotland.

Farrell had a poor last game in Dublin which eliminates him IMO.

Ok who's gonna get the Joe LaunchBERRY head meme out ?

Yeh joking aside Launchbury would be my choice too

Launchbury, then stander, then some considerable distance, then hogg.
Honourable mentions to Warburton and Murray/Sexton

I imagine Hogg will win the award because it's a public vote and those things tend to have everyone vote for the non English options.

Annoying that Parisse always gets nominated. He was a disgrace against Ireland and more than one Italian forward played better through the tournament (Lovotti, Steyn). Picamoles doesn't deserve the nomination either.

Weren't nominated but less obvious mentions.... Can't remember Marler or Furlong playing an average game.

From an England perspective, Launchbury or Farrell.

Webb is a weird one. He had moments of brilliance but that was balanced out by being average a lot of the time and the fact he is a complete bell end who gives away lots of petty penalties. Would not want him in the side for his attitude alone, it stinks. Biggar the same, both look like football converts with how little respect they show the game, players, captain and officials.

Huw Jones - Very impressive may have just about squeezed himself onto the plane to NZ..

It's difficult to think of anybody on the list who didn't have at least one poor game - but overall (teeth gritted - joke, I'm English) I would go for Sam Warburton for overall consistency and the way he got back to his best.
One name I wonder about - Sergio Parisse. He has been a very, very good player in the past, but I think that like, just to pick one or two names, Jamie Roberts and Mike Brown, his best days are now behind him
Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and when Warburton looks at the yellow card for Fraser Brown against England, and thinks of that RWC semi-final when he got a red for a similar tackle on Vincent Clerc, he could be forgiven for crying in his beer.
MIke

Latest posts