Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maro Itoje

• Ben Youngs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ben Youngs?

It's kind of hard to call since so much of it happened so long ago but for me it's either Alldritt or Dupont. Surprised that Ollivon didn't get a nomination as well.

I'll vote Dupont, just.

Honestly it feels like the decision was made based on the final day. I'm sure I remember the Irish fans being very critical of Stander and saying he might be finished, but then that may have been the world cup though. Youngs...nah. For me Dupont has been at the heart of everything France have done well.

Honestly it feels like the decision was made based on the final day. I'm sure I remember the Irish fans being very critical of Stander and saying he might be finished, but then that may have been the world cup though. Youngs...nah. For me Dupont has been at the heart of everything France have done well.
Stander was MOTM in Ireland's first 2 games so I'd say he definitely deserved to be in there.

Stander was MOTM in Ireland's first 2 games so I'd say he definitely deserved to be in there.
Maybe I'm thinking back to world cup. I'm sure there was a period over the last year or two where he was struggling for form.

Now i went for Dupont because he has been class but also heard today that if he had not made the mistake of kicking the ball out a minute early in their win over England, leading to a lineout where England got a penalty kick which got a losing BP....France would have won the 6N :)

So thankyou Dupont

Can we find a Dupont? At the moment probably the in-form scrumhalf in the world. His pairing with Ntamack looks very exciting and I think that French team will be real 6N contenders for the next few years at least, unless they go all French and start a civil war.

Maybe I'm thinking back to world cup. I'm sure there was a period over the last year or two where he was struggling for form.
Yeah, that was the world cup. He was about to lose his spot to Conan but Conan got injured. Stander has been class since though, with Ryan and Ringrose as our only top class players at the moment I'd say.

Dupont for this, very easily.

I've never been the biggest Stander fan but he absolutely deserves to be nominated. Genuinely outstanding consistently.

Can barely remember the spring part of the 6N, so it might just be recency bias, but I'd say Dupont pretty comfortably

Antoine Dupont wins the Player of the 6 Nations tournament.
Congrats to England's Emily Scarratt for the women's award.

World player of the year will be interesting. Still a lot of rugby in the year but the Southern Hemisphere will have had little International rugby, the springboks a total of zero games. Can a South African be a contender? Will they put more emphasis on domestic competitions?
So far you'd have to say DuPont is the front runner, by default that he won this he is the top northern hemisphere contender, Sam cane would be the top Southern Hemisphere contender going off the three internationals, or Richie mounga if also considering super rugby.

Latest posts