Player Of Tournament.

munstermuffin

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Munster
So who do we think will get player of tournament.

Personally think Earls deserves it but Stockdale Sexton or Murray will get it I feel.

Must add this was probably 1 of most controlled and structured Slams ever where the execution was so precise. Don't think any player did anything out of this world but more they all knew their role and xecuted their basics correct and very efficient

So who do we think will get player of tournament.

Personally think Earls deserves it but Stockdale Sexton or Murray will get it I feel.

Must add this was probably 1 of most controlled and structured Slams ever where the execution was so precise. Don't think any player did anything out of this world but more they all knew their role and xecuted their basics correct and very efficient
What are you doing up at this time of the morning?
I've got to question your celebratory skills...unless of course you're posting from a 'Gentlemans club' whilst drinking black velvet and doing something unmentionable of a strippers unmentionables...in which case, carry on.

I've got to question your celebratory skills...unless of course you're posting from a 'Gentlemans club' whilst drinking black velvet and doing something unmentionable of a strippers unmentionables...in which case, carry on.
Edit: 'Exotic dancer'

It'll be Stockdale based on how the award has gone, or just Hogg again for no good reason.

I think Stockdale is a good shout given the amount of tries he has scored. Murray is also there or there abouts - massive player for us.

We don't go down to get up

I think stockdale will get it

I hope Basta and the Italian fullback get nominated, They deserve some recognition for how well they've played in beaten sides

Stockdale will get it but I think Murray and Leavy have been very influential.

Thought Murray and Sexton were excellent.

If Huw Jones had played like he did against France and England in all the games he would be in with a shout.

It'll be Stockdale in all likelihood, but Sexton could get it for the drop goal and Murray was brilliant throughout as well.

Could be Hogg again even though he wasn't even the best fullback this year.

You can't ignore a record breaker, it has to be Stockdale - particularly given some kicking errors by Sexton and the fact his amazing drop goal turns out to have not been required in order to win the tournament.

Minozzi really didn't put much of a foot wrong despite all the points conceded and shining on a side that is getting routinely beaten is quite an achievement - so I don't think it'd be absurd for him to get a nomination.

I think every other team underperformed and I'm struggling to think of a selection from them. Bizarrely, possibly Laidlaw for doing well out of position, twice.

You can't ignore a record breaker, it has to be Stockdale - particularly given some kicking errors by Sexton and the fact his amazing drop goal turns out to have not been required in order to win the tournament.

Minozzi really didn't put much of a foot wrong despite all the points conceded and shining on a side that is getting routinely beaten is quite an achievement - so I don't think it'd be absurd for him to get a nomination.

I think every other team underperformed and I'm struggling to think of a selection from them. Bizarrely, possibly Laidlaw for doing well out of position, twice.

It was very much required for the Grand Slam though which is a much bigger deal.

I don't think there's going to be any looking past Ireland is there? Basta, Minozzi and maybe Huw Jones (although the Scots in general were just too hit and miss I think) in with decent shouts, but I reckon it's between Stockdale and Sexton

My selection would probably be Keith Earls. He's been near unplayable this year. Dan Leavy would be right behind him. The guy is an animal. How is it possible that he's our third choice 7? I'm not sure Seán O'Brien should be getting that jersey back, which is the highest compliment I could pay to Leavy.

Murray deserves to be up there, he was as influential as ever. The Italian fullback was a bit of class too. Parisse isn't the player he once was, so it's about time the Italians found some new world class players to help shore up their team.

Talking of stand out players in a struggling side going backwards, Daly should be in with a shout!

My vote would go to Murray though.

I don't know how you could give it to Earls when Stockdale scored 6 more tries on the other wing.

There's more to the game than tries and Earls is better at almost every aspect of the game apart from carrying and finishing but what Stockdale did was staggering and won't be matched for some time.

James Ryan also deserves a mention, he was flawless doing the dirty work, him v Itje should be quite the rivalry for club and country.

Minozzi, Earls, Ringrose, Basta, Stockdale, Sexbro, Murray, Barclay, Leavy, POM, Gray, Ryan, Furlo, Guirado, Healy is my team of the tournament, if only Rob K had started like he finished!

Latest posts