• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Player Ratings - The Results

bric6

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
Got a good amount of responses for most nations/clubs, really just missing the french league and scottish teams, along with a couple of english ones.
The ratings generally seem to be around where they should be, though there are the odd teams with off ratings, but that was generally because only one or two people did those teams.

I've split the clubs up by country along the bottom but haven't got around to breaking it down by national teams yet. I'll might do that, along with a best player by position list if I find the time of the next couple of days.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kNsAqLK0_C9Dlk_LCI_GBPqGCEt4RydJwU-GRd8N5s0/edit?usp=sharing (If the links not working let me know.)

Thanks to those who responded

P.S Anyone know where I could find some french rugby fans so I can get ratings for the Top 14 teams.

Got a good amount of responses for most nations/clubs, really just missing the french league and scottish teams, along with a couple of english ones.
The ratings generally seem to be around where they should be, though there are the odd teams with off ratings, but that was generally because only one or two people did those teams.

I've split the clubs up by country along the bottom but haven't got around to breaking it down by national teams yet. I'll might do that, along with a best player by position list if I find the time of the next couple of days.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kNsAqLK0_C9Dlk_LCI_GBPqGCEt4RydJwU-GRd8N5s0/edit?usp=sharing (If the links not working let me know.)

Thanks to those who responded

P.S Anyone know where I could find some french rugby fans so I can get ratings for the Top 14 teams.
@Big Ewis is a very helpful guy and active poster and has been watching a ton of especially the Top14. I am sure if you ask him and a few of the guys hangig around the Top14 section they'd help out if/when they can find time as it is fun to rate the players I have to admit and I'd have done more if I had more time.

BTW, +1 and thanks for the trouble of putting this up. Some interesting reading, certainly one or more seem to rate a few of the Stormers up and commers much higher than I did. Overall seems close enough for what is an excersize very much open to abuse and subjective in nature.

Last edited:
Cool, I'll definitely hit him up as well as the Top 14 section. I didn't really want to spam in other parts of this site, but I suppose one extra post wont hurt.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised how accurate the ratings seem to be for something so open for bias as well. I did have to take out the odd silly rating to make the results more accurate, but overall most people were sensible and in the ball-park with their ratings.

According to these ratings;

15 I Folau 91
14 B Smith 90
13 C Smith / T Kuridrani 89
12 M Nonu 89
11 J Savea 91
10 D Carter / J Sexton 90
9 A Smith 89
8 K Read 92
7 R McCaw 94
6 D Vermeulen 90
5 P O'Conell 89
4 B Retallick 92
3 O Franks 85
2 B Du Plessis 89
1 C Healy 88

I have Bin Smuth at 14 and Vermeulen at 6 since they could concievably fit in well there and are a few points ahead of their rivals. I'm not convinced by 3 and 12 though. But as is that'd be 1,5 for Aussie, 2 for SA, 2,5 for Ireland and the rest (9) for NZ without any others getting a look in.. Wow. I do feel though that you can add 1 to the NH teams and subtract 1 down South or at least for NZ ratings; that'd be a clearer picture IMO.

uh yeah I'll do ratings if I can help out, thanks stormer for pulling me out of my rabbithole :rolleyes: :p
I had a look at that google doc thing, and the French players ratings are appallingly inaccurate for some. I understand bric6 you want Top 14 club ratings, let me know what you want exactly so I can help directly the next time I come on this page.

On France, I'll do a few as well when I get time. I mean Bernard le Roux at 77 and Schalk Burger at 88 at this point in time is just a joke.

I'd be very CAUTIOUS about using those ratings if I were you;

Particularly, Scotland by this is the best Northern Hemisphere side by quite some way.

I'd be very CAUTIOUS about using those ratings if I were you;

Particularly, Scotland by this is the best Northern Hemisphere side by quite some way.
Are you telling me Matt Scott isn't better than Wes Fofana? HAHAHA, whoever did Scotland had been watching a bit too much braveheart.

Oh wow, Scotland for the six nations then and probably the World Cup.

And how we all laughed at the SRU's aims for a semi-final next year, then victory in 2019.

Scotland aside, the ratings are probably 'better' than any games have offered!

^

Yeah they're not terrible taken overall but there are plenty of inconsistencies.

With Scotland, all it really needs is more people to fill it in. All it takes is one nut-case who thinks Richie Gray is chips and there you go, he's in the late 80's.
Is it too late to submit ratings?

Yeah they're not terrible taken overall but there are plenty of inconsistencies.

With Scotland, all it really needs is more people to fill it in. All it takes is one nut-case who thinks Richie Gray is chips and there you go, he's in the late 80's.
Is it too late to submit ratings?
Nope, its not to late to submit ratings. You're right about scotland as well. I think there was only one or two people that did them so their ratings were pretty shocking.

Hmmm the Australian teams, as well as Samoa, Fiji and Scotland seem quite inflated.

Otherwise, fairly consistent across the board.

Latest posts