• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

players of next seasons GP

S

sarries fan

As this section is lookin a bit bare at the moment thought i would make this up.

Who do you think will be the outstanding peformers next season in the Guiness premiership?

personally being a saracens fan im hopeing Andy Farrell will live up to the hype and perform well week in nd week out next season. I think he wil be a vital part of saracens success next year
<

Im also looking forward 2 seeing how carlos spencer fairs in England and think he will also perform well for saints, showing his high level of skill that everyone knows he is capable of.

IMO, Farrell will be a waste of space in the GP.

As for Spencer, I only think he will be any good once the Saints pack start looking dangerous like they were back in the days of Pat Lam.

Lee Mears at Bath. I always just liked becasue he's a cheeky, smiley wee warthog of a man, but he's actually developed into an awesome player. If Andy Robinson gets his head out of his arse, Mears should be getting a shot at the No2 shirt for England next year.

Mears2003.jpg

There's many players in saracens also who are unrecognised

Richard Haughton for one, is reliable in defense, very speedy and has a deadly sidestep which he has shown many a time playing for england 7's and should really be given a chance at a higher level.
richard_haughton.gif

David seymour too, he is a brilliant prospect and hopefully will be in th england setup in a few years time, one of the best flanker around IMO
david_seymour.gif

For Saints, hopefully Spencer will shine, along with fellow Kiwi Sam Harding, and a centre combination of Quinlan and Appleford could be an interesting one to watch.

And as always, the best 15 in the Premiership, Bruce Reihana
<

At other clubs, I think Lewsey will again show why he is such a class act, Cueto will continue to score tries, and Wilkinson will begin to get back to the player he once was.

If Chabal continues his form he could lead the Sale charge for the ***le, while I believe other forwards to watch are Magne at London Irish, and the workhorse Corry at Leicester.

Originally posted by robbinho@Jul 2 2005, 03:08 AM
Lee Mears at Bath. I always just liked becasue he's a cheeky, smiley wee warthog of a man, but he's actually developed into an awesome player. If Andy Robinson gets his head out of his arse, Mears should be getting a shot at the No2 shirt for England next year.

Mears2003.jpg
If that means Thompson stays in a Saints shirt rather thansitting in the England bench, I'm all for it!
<

After todays lions game, I dont think it's gonna happen though...
<

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Jul 5 2005, 03:11 PM
Robinson/Spencer

Watch that combo light it up this season
As long as they get the ball they need, then that could well be the halfback combo to watch out for. Here's hoping anyway.
<

I'm also interested to see Gomersall line up alongside Drahm at Worcester.

Gomersall isn't going to get games next season - Powell was by far and away the Prems best SH while Gomersall has been on a steady decline for a long time.

Powell/Drahm will be interesting though.

For Bristol: Dan Ward-Smith, no.8,
Sean Marsden, winger,
Manuel Contepomi, centre,
Joe el Abd, no.7,
Bernado Stortoni, fullback.

Others I can see doing well in the Prem next year are Peter Richards at Glous, Rees at Wasps, Meers at Bath, Lund at Sale, Robinson at Saints, Moody at Leicester. Marshall at Leeds also interesting. Magne is a player I don't rate and at Irish, will have little chance to be a linking 7 with the backs - coz they don't use their backs at Irish
<

At Saracens, I'm hoping Farrell will make an impact, I think that David Quinlan will make an immediate impact at Saints

- Chris Bell
- Ollie Smith
- Sheridan + ***terell
- Jonny Wilkinson
- Carlos Spencer
- Paul Sackey

will all do good things next season

Sarries_fan, is Canadian scrum-half Morgan Williams still with Saracens? I think that he was second string last season and I was wondering if he was sticking with Saracens or if he was going elsewhere.

Im sure Andrew Merhtens will have fun carving up with the relegated Harlequins...

What is the long term future for their team? What are the chances that they will bounce back up to the GP next year?

Originally posted by Geoff@Jul 11 2005, 03:39 PM
Sarries_fan, is Canadian scrum-half Morgan Williams still with Saracens? I think that he was second string last season and I was wondering if he was sticking with Saracens or if he was going elsewhere.
There's been lots of rumours on the official website, that he's not happy at Saracens, and will possibly be moving back to Canada

Originally posted by Geoff@Jul 11 2005, 03:39 PM
I've heard that he was on trial with Bristol. I think he has moved to Stade Francais now, though don't quote me on that.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 11 2005, 05:19 PM
Im sure Andrew Merhtens will have fun carving up with the relegated Harlequins...

What is the long term future for their team? What are the chances that they will bounce back up to the GP next year?
Well, Quins have kept most of their players from when they were relegated, so their squad will be a lot stronger than most in the first division. On paper, they will bounce up easily but there are some good players in this division and most teams have a very strong forward pack, so it will be interesting. With Mertens and Quins though, the division will get a lot more media coverage and interest from here and abroad, whih is always good for the game.

Originally posted by sarries fan@Jul 11 2005, 01:34 PM
yeah morgan williams has moved to stade francais
sweet, thank you.

I see that he is joining Mike James, a fellow Canuck who is a lock. James hasn't played for Canada for a little while, and hopefully Williams (who is one of the best at coming back in the summer) can get him out.

problem is getting Stade to release him

but why does Stade need Morgan they already have Pichot and why would Morgan want to go there were he will most likely end up being a third stringer. he has an extremely high workout and I think he could be great given the proper amount of game time.

Latest posts