• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Players of the Premiership

G

getofmeland

Over the last couple of days I have been thinking about the Guinness Premiership, thinking of the players who have joined the league this season, people who have made the Guinness Premiership great this season...

With the World Cup taking over the beginning of the season, the big stars away for the first couple of months, it has allowed some Youth tallent to come through and shine, and also made the premiership very interesting to watch...

There has been great try's scored, some great defensive work performed, and some individual brilliance...

So which players have stood out to you so far in the premiership, who do you think will stand out in the second half of the season?

Rory Lamont, after having a good world cup he has established himself in the first team at Sale straight away. I think his scoring record is 8 tries in 7 games, including a couple from 50 metres. Foden comes a close second, he isnt as good as Lamont under the high ball but he has a great step, pace and a good rugby brain. Plenty of others of course, these are just the two that stood out for me.

Tigers aren't really storming along, but Jordan Crane is. our standout player of the season so far.

Neil De Kock has to be another one up there for Saracens. The guy has been absolutely immense since he arrived last season, a model of consistency.

Neil De Kock has to be another one up there for Saracens. The guy has been absolutely immense since he arrived last season, a model of consistency. [/b]

Crap! I forgot about him, he is superb and does allot more than simply play well at number 9. He's one of those players who leads by example and almost saved us the game last night with a good try.

For me it's Neil De Kock he has been amazing and Bath have got a good player in Butch James don't understand why he doesn't get more game time. Lastly the big guy Lesley Vainikolo.

I would like to say Matt Banahan for Bath... After Scoring a Hat Trick of Tries against Leeds last week, he has strength, speed and defence is proving to be fantastic... Defiently a winger for the Future, he has already broken into the England's Sevens side as well...

Latest posts