• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Players to watch this season

G

gingergenius

Ok, so I read the topic on Ireland's future team and failed to be interested for obvious reasons. Here's one that will interest me: who is around or about a GP first team (of any nationality) who you're looking forward to watching this season.

Mine -

Sarries - Schalk Britz, Andy Saull, Alex Goode and Noah Cato
Quins - Robshaw, Skinner, Care, Evans, Turner-Hall, Strettle, Monye
Wasps - Rees, Simpson, Waldouck and Varndell
Irish - Armitages, Corbisiero, Lamb and Ojo
Bath - Hape and Wilson
Northampton - Myler, Lawes
Worcester - Miles Benjamin, Gear and Latham
Leicester - Croft, Allen and Hipkiss
Newcastle - Gopperth
Sale - Cohen

I'm expecting to see Tait step it up a notch for Sale, he seems to have settled into playing at centre now, so he'll be concentrating on improving his play for that position, rather than being a jack-of-all-trades master-of-none that he was before

I think Watson at Bath will be a huge signing - he looks outstanding from what i've seen of the Currie-Cup. I also expect Guest from Quins to step up a notch and challenge for a starting berth with Easter. More than this im looking forward to watching some rugby!

I'd like to see Lee Thomas take the experience of playing with McAlister and make the 12 shirt his own at Sale. A partnership with Tait could be mouth-watering.

Would like to see Ben Foden produce more moments of magic now he has decided to concentrate all his efforts on playing fullback. Could also see the continuing emergence of Courtney Lawes and the possibility of a very tasty all-English partnership of Myler and Geraghty at 10 and 12. Add Clarke outside those two at 13 and Saints backs could make for interesting viewing.

I can also see Bruce Reihana coming out with something to prove. Been an amazing player for us but has been pushed out of the limelight a little since losing the 15 jersey to Foden and the captaincy to Dylan Hartley. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him roll back the years and put in some performances that show he still has plenty to offer at 33.

I predict Watson to become a huge fan favourite at Bath. He is good, no doubt. Show you how spoilt for riches SA is at loose forward. Anyway how many Springboks are there now? 3? Watch out SAracens! :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Aug 28 2009, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I predict Watson to become a huge fan favourite at Bath. He is good, no doubt. Show you how spoilt for riches SA is at loose forward. Anyway how many Springboks are there now? 3? Watch out SAracens! :D[/b]

At Bath? I think 'we've' got 4: Claassens, James, Watson and Dixon (though hes not really first choice)

Latest posts