• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Playing england on hard

B

BOKean

i find the rucks are "ok" in hard difficulty - if you keep it in close to the pack you should get the ball back....

EXCEPT! when you are playing england....

i play as south africa - so i am used to playing aus, nz, in trinations. but when it comes to playing england in the world cup final i was sooooo frustrated.

even keeping the ball close doesnt work - i think i had less chance of getting it back than gowing wide

england just kept putting up up&unders, my guy catches it (surrounded by about 20 teammates), gets tackled and turns over the ball. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

why is this the case?

i have had no other complaints playing any other teams on hard difficulty!

because England are the best and will always be the best in the world
<

only kidding.

that seriously sucks. As an ardent english supporter even I know the team has gone down hill since the world cup final. they are totally overrated in the game. They don't even have a team resembeling the world cup final in the game yet they are still rated the top team (after the lions).

England are a great team on the game. In 2**4 i had the same prob for a while. I left it to chance really. I defended well, but did not get a turnover until the last minute of play when I launched a dropgoal to win 3-0. Obviously it is harder on '05, but use a kicking game and put them under pressure. Jump for the ball if they are about to call a mark. Play short kickoffs and hope that you can retain posssesion and put the ball throught the posts or inside their five metre.

I always use the long kick from the kickoff. I f placed right will bounce into touch 10 metres from there line!!!

Yeah. Kick short to forwards and make jump. U have support from rest of forwards and sure to get ball back. I use Flatley at Fly-Half and he can drop-kick from ten metre line even on classic view. So these games are mostly dominated by boot. Think back to 1999 semi Oz v RSA

Latest posts