Playing england on hard

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by BOKean, Mar 23, 2005.

1. BOKean

BOKean Guest

i find the rucks are "ok" in hard difficulty - if you keep it in close to the pack you should get the ball back....

EXCEPT! when you are playing england....

i play as south africa - so i am used to playing aus, nz, in trinations. but when it comes to playing england in the world cup final i was sooooo frustrated.

even keeping the ball close doesnt work - i think i had less chance of getting it back than gowing wide

england just kept putting up up&unders, my guy catches it (surrounded by about 20 teammates), gets tackled and turns over the ball. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

why is this the case?

i have had no other complaints playing any other teams on hard difficulty!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Inertia

Inertia Guest

because England are the best and will always be the best in the world [​IMG]

only kidding.

that seriously sucks. As an ardent english supporter even I know the team has gone down hill since the world cup final. they are totally overrated in the game. They don't even have a team resembeling the world cup final in the game yet they are still rated the top team (after the lions).

4. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

England are a great team on the game. In 2**4 i had the same prob for a while. I left it to chance really. I defended well, but did not get a turnover until the last minute of play when I launched a dropgoal to win 3-0. Obviously it is harder on '05, but use a kicking game and put them under pressure. Jump for the ball if they are about to call a mark. Play short kickoffs and hope that you can retain posssesion and put the ball throught the posts or inside their five metre.

5. Humphreys

Humphreys Guest

I Agree England IS SUPER DUPER EXTRA MEXTRA HARD

6. Padz

Padz Guest

i beat england 19-12 [​IMG] on hard

7. Griff

Griff Guest

I always use the long kick from the kickoff. I f placed right will bounce into touch 10 metres from there line!!!

8. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

Yeah. Kick short to forwards and make jump. U have support from rest of forwards and sure to get ball back. I use Flatley at Fly-Half and he can drop-kick from ten metre line even on classic view. So these games are mostly dominated by boot. Think back to 1999 semi Oz v RSA

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!