Playing rugby

KellyShark

Academy Player
Country Flag

France

Club or Nation

Bayonne

Hello,
I'm a huge rugby fan and would love to play in a club. Unfortunately, my mother doesn't like the idea... How could I convince her? Thank you very much!!

BZHopenside

Academy Player
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Nantes

Tell her you're also interested in bull fighting. Should help put things in perspective.

Groundhog

Grond van der Hogg
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Country Flag

Aaland

Club or Nation

Munster

Put the foot down. Rugby is sometimes a dangerous sport, everyone gets injured at intervals its a rough sport, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. As long as you're not reckless and do what your coaches tell you, chances are you won't get seriously injured. Its a great sport with a great ethic. You need only look at how down to earth most pro rugby players are. My Dad always loves telling me about how rugby is a game anyone can play at some level.

Sker

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Cheetahs

When I was in school and my friend wanted to come over but he knew his mother wouldn't allow it, he would just walk home with me, call her and ask her if he can stay since he's already there.

Larksea

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

New Zealand

get her a dan carter jokey poster and tell her all rugby players are like that :)

Shaggy

First XV
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

New Zealand

Hello - maybe take her to a match, tell her it's going to be an Olympic sport (at least Rugby 7's is going to be) ... maybe get her to talk to a coach for some reassurance about the training and injury prevention ... I have two daughters and two step sons who all played ... one of my daughters still does.

Most coaches are more than willing to spend time to talk to/reassure parents, if it means more people playing the game ... hope this helps, and welcome to the forum :)

KellyShark

Academy Player
Country Flag

France

Club or Nation

Bayonne

Thanks to all of you! I'll try but she's REALLY stubborn...