Angry Panda

Academy Player
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
New Zealand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtO_P1lZjzE

Please see the link above.

The lack of licenses are dissapointing, surely you think they would have been able to secure more than just 10 teams. Half the teams are unlicensed and have a generic kit and incorrect player names.

Overall the end to end cam gameplay does look better than the side view. I've already pre-ordered and decided to take a punt on this game.

Last edited:
nice find good post. that bit when he was playing as Ireland and gained 50+ meters has me convinced the game has been tweaked since the demo because supporting runners seemed to find space and I'm loving the end on camera!!! Can't wait.

Seems like a nice and fair review. I'd say 7 out of 10 is a good score. Would have liked to have seen some of Wales there, but can't have it all. Only a week and a bit away though, so i'll be seeing load of Wales come week Friday :p :p

so annoying that the North American release is 2 weeks after the 26th of august

so annoying that the North American release is 2 weeks after the 26th of august

Yea, I'v waited too long for this game. Plus by the time we go to play it online it will be like New Zealand vs Cuba, we will have our ____ handed to us.:) any one we play out of the US online will of already practiced online play. I think I'm going to order from over seas with express shipping hopefully I will receive it only 3 days later, hey thats 11 days sooner, and with some luck if they work like the US gamestop maybe they will ship before release date and I will receive on release date. Does any one know how it works outside of the US when you pre order online, do they ship out before release date so you receive on release date, or they ship out release day?
Cheers and Salud

I apologise if this post did not warrant a new thread or If I should have posted this elsewhere. Please close and delete this thread if this is an issue / or if your forums are getting too clogged up.

I did think it was a pretty good find. Its good because you can compare the side view with end on view , it seems end on (which I normally prefer) is much better it looks like there is a good zoom feature at the ruck, looks pretty balanced with zoom in and zoom out, maybe the custom camera of 08 won't be missed so much? For me end on view makes you feel like you are playing more rather then just watching a game.
Cheers and Salud

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL I'm Canadian but just going to wait for it to come to the store. Add me on XBL Lionmaull my gamertag is Butterytingz.

Good review, 7/10 is definitely a fair rating of it. I'm usually a side-view person (though prefered playing the Rugby League games from an end on view) and am actually thinking if converting to end view for RWC2011. Looks a fair bit better tbf, will just have to see how I feel when I play it anyway. Does look like it's been tweaked since the demo, support runners looked far better, especially in that Irish attack they showed. Did seem to have a tidy balance between good attack and defence in that break though, as the scramble defenceof the other team was great! Heh, looks like E.Harper is the best player in the game though :p anyone else notice that it rhymes with D.Carter? Might use his player model to make Colin Slade though, find someone else with dark hair for Carter.

Good review, 7/10 is definitely a fair rating of it. I'm usually a side-view person (though prefered playing the Rugby League games from an end on view) and am actually thinking if converting to end view for RWC2011. Looks a fair bit better tbf, will just have to see how I feel when I play it anyway. Does look like it's been tweaked since the demo, support runners looked far better, especially in that Irish attack they showed. Did seem to have a tidy balance between good attack and defence in that break though, as the scramble defenceof the other team was great! Heh, looks like E.Harper is the best player in the game though :p anyone else notice that it rhymes with D.Carter? Might use his player model to make Colin Slade though, find someone else with dark hair for Carter.

It may be that they are playing on medium, and maybe the AI controlled players on your team play better on medium difficulty then on easy like it is in the demo, they probably run better lines and faster lines on medium and hard difficulty. Just a theory:)
Cheers and Salud

I think this review looks encouraging - I really like the pace of this game - it looks nice and smooth and yea end on camera is the one for me. I'm going to play on hard and reduce the stats of my team (England or Scotland) to make it a real challenge. Despite lack of licenses and features, I think this will be a fun game and keep me entertained for a good few months. Loving the commentary as well, really immersive. Also did everyone see the weather affects? Fog etc much improved over previous games. Really looking forward to this now.

Looks better than the demo. Running lines look better. Still not a lot has changed since 08. 6/10 max.

What is the deal with the fella giving the review. His voice makes my ears bleed.

As i see it the biggest "hole" in the game is the depth of game play. A "Be A Pro" would be nice

Same here. Not available in Australia. Can someone be a sweetheart and re-up it?

Yeah, not available in NZ... Is there another link??? or could someone put it up again? :)

however intresting to see the non all black new zealand team
ethan harper as 10 so bares no resembalance to the real team well at least in names

however intresting to see the non all black new zealand team
ethan harper as 10 so bares no resembalance to the real team well at least in names
This has been common knowledge for a looooooooooong time :p

Stats are the same (i.e their no.10 is the highest rated in the game, their no.7 is captain and is highly rated) - but likenesses/names are all different

Latest posts