• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Playstation 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and the ps2 didn't sell anything when the Xbox came out. Flawed thinking there and the next Xbox console isn't on the radar yet. It's being worked on sure, but it hasn't had the earliest detail released.

it will be interesting to see what microsoft do with the 360 and their console development. there are rumors around they might release a new 360 with a blu-ray drive or create a wii like controller. technology wise with some games the 360 is starting to struggle compared to the ps3 and maybe that could grow in the future. at the moment the race is getting closer with almost nothing between the ps3 and 360.

console development especially r&d costs and mass production of the final unit is not cheap and why I believe only nintendo is currently making a straight profit off every console sold. what microsoft do have going for them is they were the first out this generation and their online service is very good and provides them yearly income too. whether or not they want to be first in the next console generation remains to be seen but microsoft will have to do something in the following years as blu-ray picks up and the ps3 games library expands. the 360 has had the early advantage whether or not it can hang on for this whole generations remains to be seen. sony have taken a different route and I think are hoping they win the second half of this generation having conceded so much ground to the opposition. it will be interesting to watch to see how it pans out over the next few years.

FOR AN INDUSTRY PERSPECTIVE = MONEY
If M$ and Sony can go *** for tat on a step of eachother it equals more sales
if they both compete against oneanother - not enough loving (money to spread)
if 1 console is .5 better than the other, for the next 20 years, the whole industry will rake in alot more
think of it as growing the industry as quick as possible
if in 3 years M$ bring out the next thing, and 3 years after that Sony go even better - everyone will own both

I'm really looking forward to getting my PS3. It's really expensive here in Aus, at $700 for the small version. Worst part is, I already have a game for it - I advance ordered the special edition of GTA4 months ago, expecting to have the console by the time the game was released, but I just didn't save up the spare cash in time. So now I have the game and nothing to play it on.

Gutted.

nothing will motivate you more. One things for sure, TRF's PS3 crew are more active in making friends with each other. You'll enjoy meeting us all I hope!

I'm really looking forward to getting my PS3. It's really expensive here in Aus, at $700 for the small version. Worst part is, I already have a game for it - I advance ordered the special edition of GTA4 months ago, expecting to have the console by the time the game was released, but I just didn't save up the spare cash in time. So now I have the game and nothing to play it on.

Gutted. [/b]

Yeah we would love to get your user name and make a time to meet you online...we have played Fifa against each other and COD4 is a really good FPS game to play.....would love you to join our club of four lol!

five if you count amy :)

i just got a playstation eye, i must say the quality is way more than what i expected. I am looking forward to a video chat and a game of fifa with craig. i want to yell like i did the other night when i scored :)

i love that bicycle kick

Got around to buying a playstation yesterday. What's the difference between a dual shock 3 controller and a SIXAXIS one?

The Dual Shock 3 has both the rumble and Sixaxis features and the Sixaxis has no rumble.

What kind of online chat do you use Radman, as we are both getting feedback. I'm using the Playstation Eye for a mic, with the sound coming out of my av receiver. Maybe we each have our mics too loud, but guess we won't know what the prob is till we both know what each other is using.

As for Wally, just wondering what your psn id is?

I'm also using the PS eye, the sound was coming from the TV and not too loud either. My eye was about half a metre from the tele which is possibly too close.

Maybe we or I need to get the eyes as far away from sound sources to stop the feedback?. We may need to test them in chat one night on the PS3 to see if it happens in there and hopefully we can find a solution.

Hey - Is the Eye a worthwhile investment?

I had to send my PS3 back as it started freaking out. The customer care in the UK was awesome!! 2 days later I had a brand new PS3 replacement and the old taken away with no fuss at all!.

Luvin my PS3! and the media servers are awesome. I live with 6 others and we all share open wireless internet and we have all opened our music on our lappys and you can see it all on the PS3. So much more than a games consol!

Hey guys how do you save music/multimedia to the hard drive? I lost the manual and haven't had enough time to play around with it.

I just get a USB stick and shift stuff over to the PS3 using that.

So what is your psn name Wally? When are you gonna play with us?

I just get a USB stick and shift stuff over to the PS3 using that.

[/b]

I tried that mate but I could only work out how to play the music, not save it.

Well I have to get a wireless router first, I'll probably pick one up on the weekend and let you know. What's everyone playing at the moment? COD 4?

<div class='quotemain'> I just get a USB stick and shift stuff over to the PS3 using that.

[/b]

I tried that mate but I could only work out how to play the music, not save it.
[/b][/quote]

Um...I didn't even see any files showing from my USB stick when I selected it...until I pressed TRIANGLE button! Then a whole new menu appeared on the right side of the screen.

Well I have at long last gotten back my PS3 after almost a month without it....so now it must be time to play some games online again!

So....the usual crowd....text me when you want to play eh:)

sweet, you guys know about firmware 2.41 is out?

downloading now, no idea what it does, anyone got a list of new features? tried lookin on the ps3forums but they suck

I noticed it gives you a shut down button and you can now chat to your buddies in game instead of having to exit the game each time you received a message, LAME. There are a few other mods, I also noticed a search bar is now available which lets you search straight onto google without having to launch the browser, I guess you could have just set the home page to google on the browser though :p

Anyone playing Bad Company? It's fantastic! Still trying hard as hell to get my hands on a FragFx though, those things are sold out all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts